The Student Room Group

John Lewis delivery men caught on camera "urinating against van" by horrified woman.

What else are they supposed to do, find a public toilet in what looks like the middle of nowhere?
I feel I'd actually reduce my quality of life by clicking that. :colonhash:
Delivery drivers working long shifts are what is keeping this country going at the moment. Never mind the fact that they have to work in such undignified circumstances without facilities that most just take for granted.
Lockdown is were middle-class people, safe in posh houses, get working-class people risking their lives to bring them stuff.
In his defence, there are few public loos open at the moment so really he was just being covid compliant :dontknow:
Reply 5
Would she prefer he pissed on her doorstep then?
At any rate, she comes across as a peeping tom, so to speak, here as opposed to this poor chappy just relieving himself.
Original post by Napp
Would she prefer he pissed on her doorstep then?
At any rate, she comes across as a peeping tom, so to speak, here as opposed to this poor chappy just relieving himself.

Yeah Vol II "My creepy neighbour stalking a delivery guy and pleasuring herself with a bottle of windex"
Where exactly are they meant to go? Ive seen truckers rightfully complaining about this. Hardly anywhere is open for them to use the bathroom and aside from a bucket in a cab their trucks dont have bathrooms.
Lorry drivers cant even get takeaway food in most cases as their trucks are too big to fit through the drive through and noone is allowed in the store.
Yet another case of invisible keyworkers. People make fun of truck drivers but without them we would all be screwed.
Original post by CoolCavy
People make fun of truck drivers but without them we would all be screwed.

Undoubtedly.
If doctors disappeared overnight it would be awful but the only people directly affected would be the relatively small number of people in hospital.
If delivery drivers disappeared overnight everyone would be affected and society would breakdown within days. They are real hero's, they just don't wear capes. Mind you just as well or they may pi$$ on them. 😁
Original post by CoolCavy
Where exactly are they meant to go? Ive seen truckers rightfully complaining about this. Hardly anywhere is open for them to use the bathroom and aside from a bucket in a cab their trucks dont have bathrooms.
Lorry drivers cant even get takeaway food in most cases as their trucks are too big to fit through the drive through and noone is allowed in the store.
Yet another case of invisible keyworkers. People make fun of truck drivers but without them we would all be screwed.

Exactly, Given that Toilets, Pubs, Bookies, Cafes ect are all closed, what exactly do people think everyone that works out of a van or truck is doing? :redface:

Someday someone will design a van with a specific slot to pee in... someday.
Original post by StriderHort
Exactly, Given that Toilets, Pubs, Bookies, Cafes ect are all closed, what exactly do people think everyone that works out of a van or truck is doing? :redface:

Someday someone will design a van with a specific slot to pee in... someday.

I was in an Uber just before we went into total lockdown and the driver was telling me about his problems in not having anywhere to pee as all the public loos are closed. He said he has to carry round a bottle in his car for when he is taken short. He gestured towards something lying on the front seat next to him but I didn't look too closely
Original post by caravaggio2
Delivery drivers working long shifts are what is keeping this country going at the moment. Never mind the fact that they have to work in such undignified circumstances without facilities that most just take for granted.
Lockdown is were middle-class people, safe in posh houses, get working-class people risking their lives to bring them stuff.

Well it's a cliche to mention it but covid is obviously affecting people in different groups to different extents... It's made it pretty clear that people are actually living in very different worlds. You've got some people taking things for granted and others working their nuts off and risking their health to try and maintain the other peoples comfortable bubbles. Retired people are obviously a risky group but their income isn't being affected and they often seem to form the opinion that everything is basically normal but just with facemasks and less going out. To a lot of other people one degree of separation away from them it's obvious that things aren't normal at all.

I was talking to a courier at work and they're under a lot of pressure with people being off with covid - as faux self employed workers in the gig economy they feel incentivised to not self isolate when they should. The drivers that are still working are getting ****ged off by the people they're delivering to because their packages aren't turning up at the right time.
Some people really are drama queens.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending