The Student Room Group

Favourite Mario game?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
super mario galaxy<3
I've never liked Mario games. :dontknow:
Original post by Arthur_Morgan
:yep:

Oh, so I remember me very well then. Is it also the game in which Mario and Luigi can get special items (frog costume and hammer for instance) in bonus games?
Original post by Kallisto
Oh, so I remember me very well then. Is it also the game in which Mario and Luigi can get special items (frog costume and hammer for instance) in bonus games?

Can't quite remember, it was a loooooong time ago since I last played it :curious:

It does ring a bell though
Can't quite remember, it was a loooooong time ago since I last played it :curious:

It does ring a bell though

A bell? that is in Super Mario Land 2 when you finish a stage to get to the next one. But at the end of the stage, it comes to a bonus stage. That is the game with six coins and the Wario castle!
A bell? that is in Super Mario Land 2 when you finish a stage to get to the next one. But at the end of the stage, it comes to a bonus stage. That is the game with six coins and the Wario castle!

Ah no I think you misunderstand what I meant :lol:

Or are you rickrolling me :ninja:
Ah no I think you misunderstand what I meant :lol:

Or are you rickrolling me :ninja:

Tell me where a bell in Super Mario Bros. 3 exists. There are two whistles you can use to skip the worlds in the game, but...a...bell?! :confused:
Tell me where a bell in Super Mario Bros. 3 exists. There are two whistles you can use to skip the worlds in the game, but...a...bell?! :confused:

:laugh:

No no no, ''it does ring a bell'' means it sounds familiar, as in frog and hammer costume existing in Super Mario Bros. 3 sounds familiar if my memory serves me right.

I think the language barrier got in the way of that one :tongue:
Odyssey is my favourite Mario and Switch game.
(...)
I think the language barrier got in the way of that one :tongue:

Oh, I am not so familiar with English idiomatic phrases. Finally the confusion is cleared. Do we agree that Super Mario Bros. 3 has the best and most useful items?

Original post by Sabertooth
:laugh:

You know the meaning of the phrase from the very beginning, aren't you?
Oh, I am not so familiar with English idiomatic phrases. Finally the confusion is cleared. Do we agree that Super Mario Bros. 3 has the best and most useful items?

It's cool man, don't worry about it :tongue:

Not sure, I'll have to think on that one.
It's cool man, don't worry about it :tongue:

Not sure, I'll have to think on that one.

I think that is something special in Super Mario Bros. 3: in the most Mario games before and even after, there were just the mushroom to let Mario grow, the flower to give Mario the skill to shot fire balls and the star to make him invincible for a short while - and maybe the feather to fly in the sky, that's it!

In this sense a frog costume to swim in water elegantly and to through hammers by using the hammer item is an unconventional idea to 'upgrade' Mario and Luigi as playable characters.
I think that is something special in Super Mario Bros. 3: in the most Mario games before and even after, there were just the mushroom to let Mario grow, the flower to give Mario the skill to shot fire balls and the star to make him invincible for a short while - and maybe the feather to fly in the sky, that's it!

In this sense a frog costume to swim in water elegantly and to through hammers by using the hammer item is an unconventional idea to 'upgrade' Mario and Luigi as playable characters.

Was the Tanooki costume in the original? Or did that originate in Super Mario Bros. 3 as well?
My fav Mario game probably has to be Super Mario Galaxy, mainly because I played it when I was younger and I really love how it takes place in space! <3
Super Mario 3D World :woo:
Was the Tanooki costume in the original? Or did that originate in Super Mario Bros. 3 as well?

The tanooki costume existed in the game, that is right. But I don't know it was the first game with it, but I am sure it was.
The tanooki costume existed in the game, that is right. But I don't know it was the first game with it, but I am sure it was.

Yeah I just looked it up, you're right.
Reply 38
My favourite new super mario bros DS because of the nostalgia i get from playing that game. I used to play that game back in 2009 to 2010 and i LOVED it and still do. its between that and galaxy 2 also because of the nostalgia. Any cobanermani fans here??
I’m still trying to clear the very last level :laugh:

Quick Reply

Latest