The Student Room Group

could i be caught for plaigarism

So for my computer science a level coursework, I have been doing tests for the login section however these look similar to examples from previous years that my teacher has given. Could I get in trouble for this or can they not do anything since the tests for login screen is pretty generic. I will give an example. In my test I wrote "On the login screen, there should be 2 choices between logging in to an existing account or creating a new account which the user can select from." and they wrote "On the login screen there will be the options to create a new account or log in to a pre-existing one."
(edited 3 months ago)
I don't think so. I mean if it's all generic then I guess it could slide. Maybe you should ask a professional like a teacher or someone with authority but also won't through you under the bus. Also, if you know you didn't deliberately plagiarize then you should be ok. I don't know anything about A level Computing though so be careful!
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by jake102:)
So for my computer science a level coursework, I have been doing tests for the login section however these look similar to examples from previous years that my teacher has given. Could I get in trouble for this or can they not do anything since the tests for login screen is pretty generic. I will give an example. In my test I wrote "On the login screen, there should be 2 choices between logging in to an existing account or creating a new account which the user can select from." and they wrote "On the login screen there will be the options to create a new account or log in to a pre-existing one."

If you wrote your own work then you have nothing to worry about. If you took someone else's work and are passing it off as your own work, that is copying. There are only so many ways to code a login screen so don't worry.... unless you took someone else's work and copied it word for word.
Reply 3
Original post by hotpud
If you wrote your own work then you have nothing to worry about. If you took someone else's work and are passing it off as your own work, that is copying. There are only so many ways to code a login screen so don't worry.... unless you took someone else's work and copied it word for word.

thank you for your helpful response. Yes I wrote it myself entirely and only found out later that it was similar so I should be completely fine from any malpratice or plagiarism right?
Original post by jake102:)
thank you for your helpful response. Yes I wrote it myself entirely and only found out later that it was similar so I should be completely fine from any malpratice or plagiarism right?

Yeah. Most likely.
Reply 5
Original post by OldestKnowsBest
Yeah. Most likely.

ok thanks and also one quick question, for my game I used sprites from Mario which I found on https://videogamesprites.net/. which previous people in the past have used as well but people are saying the plagiarism rules have gotten stricter, could I be in trouble for this?
Maybe you should ask about the plagiarism rules. I think a lot of your worry is coming from the fact that you don't really know what they are. Try finding out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending