The Student Room Group

PGCE Secondary Maths online interview

Hi everyone,
I will have an interview
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Behnam123
Hi everyone,
I will have an interview next week for my PGCE secondary Maths and I have no idea how it will be, there will be a small English task and plus 5 mins maths presentation.
Has anyone done any PGCE interview recently to give me some ideas please? My English is not that good and I have no idea what my Maths presentation should be about!!!!
Thanks

Are you sure they haven't given you an idea on the presentation? Usually there is a title/task set ...
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
Are you sure they hhaven't given you an idea on the presentation? Usually there is a title/task set ...

Hi
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi
I have copy and paste the whole text here. It has given me some ideas about it but I’m not sure if it has to be link to what I’m going to study or no matter what subject I choose!!!!
Here I sent the whole guideline

How to access your interview.
We will be conducting your interview and group interview on Microsoft Teams which is an online platform like Skype or Zoom and can be used on a laptop, tablet or smart phone. You do not need to have
the Microsoft Teams App in order to use the service.
You will receive an email prior to your interview with the link to the Microsoft Teams meeting and a PDF containing a small English and Maths task to complete. These tasks are not time consuming but are required to be completed before the interview. There will also be a link to a registration video that you must watch before the event.
You will receive this email up to 48 hours before your interview and by no later than by 6pm the evening prior.
Please check your junk mail folder to make sure you see this email. Remember you may have provided us with an alternative email address when completing the interview sign-up form.
When the time comes for the interview to start, please follow the below instructions:
Click on the link
If you have the app installed, please click on access via your app, if you do not have the app

OK - you may wish to edit your post so you don't give away too much info e.g. you've included the uni name..

Group interview - they will be looking at how you interact with others and co-operate. Don't dominate but do contribute ...

Yes - they want you to pick an object you could teach an idea in Maths from and what year group you might use it with.
Reply 4
OK -l

Group interview - they will be looking at how you interact with others and co-operate. Don't dominate but do contribute ...

Yes - they want you to pick an object you could teach It says I need to complete and send back the English and maths tasks before the interview started! And in another part, it says I need complete to send the English task to an email before the individual interview started!!!

Thanks
(edited 3 years ago)
Oh did I? I’ll edit it now.

And do have any idea how the English task would be? It says I need to complete and send back the English and maths tasks before the interview started! And in another part, it says I need complete to send the English task to an email before the individual interview started!!!
Thanks

No - it could be anything. Maybe look at the old skills tests?
Reply 6
No - it could be anything. Maybe look at the old skills tests?

Thanks 🙏🏼

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending