The Student Room Group

Makeup troubles....

why ever i put foundation or concealer on my nose it looks all crusty, what do I do? (I do use a moisturizer before makeup)
Are you putting too much on?
Reply 2
Original post by sunny.side.up
Are you putting too much on?

i mean i put very little foundation on and for concealer I just a line down my nose
Original post by oops_i!
i mean i put very little foundation on and for concealer I just a line down my nose

Hmm, that's odd then? What brands do you use? Some brands can make you look all crusty.
It could be that you have dry skin or simply that makeup in real life does have texture. Have you tried different brands of makeup? Typically products that are higher coverage (high coverage foundations and most concealers) or matt finish can look cakier. The best thing I ever did was mix my foundation with either moisturiser or suncream to thin it out and it looks a lot more natural then go in with a touch of concealer on any imperfections that stood out and finish with a very light dusting of powder buffed into my skin
Reply 5
Original post by sunny.side.up
Hmm, that's odd then? What brands do you use? Some brands can make you look all crusty.

i use Neutrogena for both
Oh also, how are you applying it? You'll get a different finish depending on whether you use brushes, sponges or your fingers so play around and see if that makes a difference for you
Original post by oops_i!
i use Neutrogena for both

Maybe try a different brand and see if it still looks that way. If not, try applying it differently.

Quick Reply

Latest