The Student Room Group

Does anyone watch soaps?

title
Used to watch indian soaps years ago on a channel called star plus. They did some crazy stuff back then like bullets going at 1 inch a second and talking to your dead twin brother. It's not like that these days unfortunately although I haven't watched it in a few years now. As for uk soaps, used to watch eastenders years ago but not recently either. Soaps in general are on the decline because of streaming anyway so eventually I don't think they'll be as popular as they used to be.
Original post by Fox Hound
Used to watch indian soaps years ago on a channel called star plus. They did some crazy stuff back then like bullets going at 1 inch a second and talking to your dead twin brother. It's not like that these days unfortunately although I haven't watched it in a few years now. As for uk soaps, used to watch eastenders years ago but not recently either. Soaps in general are on the decline because of streaming anyway so eventually I don't think they'll be as popular as they used to be.

HAHAHA I remember the soaps on star plus! Particularly the overly dramatic ‘next time’ clips at the end of each episode.
Original post by Pyruvic Acid
HAHAHA I remember the soaps on star plus! Particularly the overly dramatic ‘next time’ clips at the end of each episode.

Don't know if you've seen this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaISRtJnQME but I remember watching this live and we were all like wtf, it was hilarious 😂. Kind of miss the star plus shows back in the day when they did stupid stuff like this.
Original post by Fox Hound
Don't know if you've seen this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaISRtJnQME but I remember watching this live and we were all like wtf, it was hilarious 😂. Kind of miss the star plus shows back in the day when they did stupid stuff like this.

Lmao It felt kinda strange watching that ngl. Good old star plus ahahahaa.
Yeah I watch Corrie ... it has an element of humour to it that the other soaps seem to miss out on. Plus the fictional town of Weatherfield is based on Ordsall which is just down the road from me. :smile:
Reply 6
Occasionally since they tend to slip into my sink.
Home and away
Hollyoaks
Neighbours

Used to love watching eastenders but just eventually stopped watching it
nah
I used to be fond of Eastenders, but not any longer. The storylines just got stupid.
The only soap I tend to watch is the one in prison.
I like Corrie and sometimes when I get bored watching fight scenes from Eastenders can be funny hahaha
I've watched corrie since 2012/13 but I've seen episodes dating back to early 00s. I used to watch Corrie, EE and Hollyoaks religiously in year 8/9 but I don't have as much time now so I only watch corrie and occasionally EE or Emmerdale when something good is happening or I'm bored. In lockdown last year I got into 80s USA soap operas though which are actually quite different to our soap operas
Corrie
Emmerdale
Casualty (idk if this counts or not)

Basically the ones my mum watches because I’m in the living room at the same time as her :lol:
I used to in primary school :rofl:
I used to watch EastEnders years ago.
Other than that I won't watch any soaps

Quick Reply

Latest