The Student Room Group

Smoking pizza stone

So, weird question but here we go, the Mrs got me a pizza stone a ways back and, alas, dad used it with oil. So now whenever I use it the house resembles a five alarm fire from the burning oil that seeped into the stone itself. Does anyone have any ideas how to, well, make it not so Smokey?!
Reply 1
Original post by Napp
So, weird question but here we go, the Mrs got me a pizza stone a ways back and, alas, dad used it with oil. So now whenever I use it the house resembles a five alarm fire from the burning oil that seeped into the stone itself. Does anyone have any ideas how to, well, make it not so Smokey?!

There are no economic ways to clean it. If you use the pyrolysis function on the oven you will cram all the oil once and for all but your house will smell of burnt for ever and a day, and if you soak it in a very hot concentrated soap solution you will literally need to use hundreds of litres of boiling water to rinse the soap away in order to put pizza pastry directly on it again. Your best solution is to buy a new one unfortunately 😢
Reply 2
Original post by Euapp
There are no economic ways to clean it. If you use the pyrolysis function on the oven you will cram all the oil once and for all but your house will smell of burnt for ever and a day, and if you soak it in a very hot concentrated soap solution you will literally need to use hundreds of litres of boiling water to rinse the soap away in order to put pizza pastry directly on it again. Your best solution is to buy a new one unfortunately 😢

Sad times :frown: Thanks for the response though!
Take it out to the countryside and burn it over a gas stove or am I missing something.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending