The Student Room Group

Jaguar Land Rover Assessment Centre 2021

Hiiii i have my jaguar land rover apprenticeship assessment centre for next monday. Any tips on the sort of questions they may ask? Also what is the motivation interview? And the strengths based interview? Thank you!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Rahim786
Hiiii i have my jaguar land rover apprenticeship assessment centre for next monday. Any tips on the sort of questions they may ask? Also what is the motivation interview? And the strengths based interview? Thank you!

Hi, which program did you apply for? I had mine for the the APEP degree program last Friday. In the motivational interview they try and find out why you want the job and your motivation for applying, and for the strength based one they ask you questions about challenges you've overcome in the past and how you would deal with different situations. The whole thing felt very informal and relaxing, all the interviewers were really nice and made you feel at home. Hope this helps
Original post by Zaltman
Hi, which program did you apply for? I had mine for the the APEP degree program last Friday. In the motivational interview they try and find out why you want the job and your motivation for applying, and for the strength based one they ask you questions about challenges you've overcome in the past and how you would deal with different situations. The whole thing felt very informal and relaxing, all the interviewers were really nice and made you feel at home. Hope this helps

Thank you so much i really appreciate it. Mine is the APEP too! Hope we both get through and meet up some day haha!
Original post by Zaltman

Also did it really take 45 minutes for each interview im really paranoid about the time because im not good at building up convos for so long haha
Reply 4
Original post by Rahim786
Also did it really take 45 minutes for each interview im really paranoid about the time because im not good at building up convos for so long haha

it did, but I didn't struggle with time at all, it just flew by!
Original post by Zaltman
it did, but I didn't struggle with time at all, it just flew by!

I hope it works out for me too because i always muddle up with what i say when im under pressure😭
I'm on the Jaguar Land Rover DTS Degree apprenticeship scheme. It's very good - good luck to you all. Just make sure you know about the background of JLR and able to answer why you want to do the apprenticeship scheme. Your also expected to demonstrate team work and problem solving skills. Good luck!
Original post by helloman1
I'm on the Jaguar Land Rover DTS Degree apprenticeship scheme. It's very good - good luck to you all. Just make sure you know about the background of JLR and able to answer why you want to do the apprenticeship scheme. Your also expected to demonstrate team work and problem solving skills. Good luck!

How long did it take for them to get back to you with an offer? I had my assessment centre two weeks ago and am wondering if its a bad sign i havent heard anything yet.
Reply 8
Original post by Simrit5778
How long did it take for them to get back to you with an offer? I had my assessment centre two weeks ago and am wondering if its a bad sign i havent heard anything yet.

same with me, I've read loads of threads on here and I haven't heard anybody say if they've got an offer so I wouldn't be too worried. make sure you post when you hear from them!
Reply 9
Original post by Simrit5778

hey good luck for the results! how was the assessment centre for DTS? do you have any advice you could give me/ what kind of things came up? Thanks :smile:
Original post by Gaha
hey good luck for the results! how was the assessment centre for DTS? do you have any advice you could give me/ what kind of things came up? Thanks :smile:

Just take on board all the advice they gave at the prep session, the way the questions work is that they score you based on your answers with how much it relates to their company values. So make sure you look into their company values and work culture as thats what they are based on. Then try to have specific examples or cases that showcase those values and show how you fit in with that. When is your assessment centre?
Reply 11
Hey guys! Did any of you interview for the DTS Degree Apprenticeship Scheme? If so, which pathway? :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by snebxx
Hey guys! Did any of you interview for the DTS Degree Apprenticeship Scheme? If so, which pathway? :smile:

Hey! I interviewed for the DTS degree apprenticeship for the software pathway, hbu? My interview was about 3 weeks ago and i was told we will find out hopefully this week, heard anything back yet?
Reply 13
Original post by s10r
Hey! I interviewed for the DTS degree apprenticeship for the software pathway, hbu? My interview was about 3 weeks ago and i was told we will find out hopefully this week, heard anything back yet?

Oh nice! I interviewed for network engineering, mine was 2.5 weeks (ish) ago, and I was told we'd find out 2 weeks ago but I haven't heard anything back yet either
Reply 14
Original post by snebxx
Oh nice! I interviewed for network engineering, mine was 2.5 weeks (ish) ago, and I was told we'd find out 2 weeks ago but I haven't heard anything back yet either

Yeah i had to email just to make sure and they said they were finalising applications this week, it'd be good to check in on your application on careers as a few peoples applications have been updated on there before they received any email about their outcome, my one still hasnt been updated and i dont know anyone doing DTS whose been rejected or accepted but its worth the check
Reply 15
Original post by s10r
Yeah i had to email just to make sure and they said they were finalising applications this week, it'd be good to check in on your application on careers as a few peoples applications have been updated on there before they received any email about their outcome, my one still hasnt been updated and i dont know anyone doing DTS whose been rejected or accepted but its worth the check

that's a shout, maybe i'll wait out this week and then if it gets any longer i'll email.
Reply 16
Original post by snebxx
that's a shout, maybe i'll wait out this week and then if it gets any longer i'll email.

but have you logged onto careers to check your application?
Reply 17
Original post by s10r
but have you logged onto careers to check your application?

no i haven't, how do you do that? when i try to go to this: https://career5.successfactors.eu/portalcareer?_s.crb=2IIggugiCFb0I4d7rZD91LhupNP8xMscLvPGeD7lNWU%253d it just says there's an error in processing the request
Reply 18
Original post by snebxx
no i haven't, how do you do that? when i try to go to this: https://career5.successfactors.eu/portalcareer?_s.crb=2IIggugiCFb0I4d7rZD91LhupNP8xMscLvPGeD7lNWU%253d it just says there's an error in processing the request

https://www.jaguarlandrovercareers.com/ go onto this and sign in through here, it should work
Reply 19
Original post by s10r
https://www.jaguarlandrovercareers.com/ go onto this and sign in through here, it should work

hm i did sign in but it just shows the normal candidate profile stuff, there doesn't seem to be any place for a change to be recorded?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending