The Student Room Group

apprenticeship in gap year

I want to take a gap year, and need to fill it with things to do. Does anyone know about apprenticeships or jobs I can do for that year? I am interested in teaching or childcare, but also open to working abroad and other areas.
Original post by apphiabrown
I want to take a gap year, and need to fill it with things to do. Does anyone know about apprenticeships or jobs I can do for that year? I am interested in teaching or childcare, but also open to working abroad and other areas.

A level 2 apprenticeship is the only one I’m aware of that would take 1 year. There’s a risk that you wouldn’t complete your end point assessment (EPA) or even have it scheduled in time for the next academic year.

It may be more suitable, because of the level and risks, that you apply for a year in industry (student placement) or some other work experience(s).
Reply 2

What are you applying to read at University?
Original post by Chris2892
A level 2 apprenticeship is the only one I’m aware of that would take 1 year. There’s a risk that you wouldn’t complete your end point assessment (EPA) or even have it scheduled in time for the next academic year.

It may be more suitable, because of the level and risks, that you apply for a year in industry (student placement) or some other work experience(s).

can you please tell me more on working in industry? How do I go about doing it and what is it? Thanks!
Original post by Kerzen
What are you applying to read at University?

primary education with QTS
Reply 5
primary education with QTS

Is this to start in the Autumn of 2022?
Original post by Kerzen
Is this to start in the Autumn of 2022?

yes
Reply 7
I'm starting in 2022... what unis are you going to?
Original post by srs1463
I'm starting in 2022... what unis are you going to?

winchester, chichester or brighton. hbu? :smile:
can you please tell me more on working in industry? How do I go about doing it and what is it? Thanks!

Assuming you are currently or planning to undertake a university degree, your university would provide additional information for this. Because the university may offer specific support during this year and you may still be required to pay tuition (amount subject to university) I can’t give you any additional information.

This specific question might be better located in one of the university forums where a rep can pick it up.

If you’re not at or going to university, I’d speak to or enquire before hand, with your course leader about suspending your course for a year, and see if they can direct you to a careers advisor. The specific provider of your course may have industry links, so they may be able to help you with your application if they support your request to suspend your course for work experience.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 10
yes

Did you consider starting this autumn?
Hey,

That's super exciting! Let us know if you have any questions, we'd be happy to help :smile:

Thanks, Sian
Reply 12
winchester, chichester or brighton. hbu? :smile:

Awh I declined winchester and Chichester and am going to Gloucestershire x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending