The Student Room Group

Career Help/Choice

Hello i am in a situation where i am taking a gap year currently and am looking to do an apprenticeship in a business related field i have vbeen applying but not received any offers yet i was originally going to do a degree in Environmental Science but felt that ultimately i would not be in strong standing after my degree and believe that uni life is not for me. Please give me ur sugestions of wether i should go to uni after my gap year ( which i mostly oppose due to costs) or continue searching for apprenticeships.
Original post by Rory202
Hello i am in a situation where i am taking a gap year currently and am looking to do an apprenticeship in a business related field i have vbeen applying but not received any offers yet i was originally going to do a degree in Environmental Science but felt that ultimately i would not be in strong standing after my degree and believe that uni life is not for me. Please give me ur sugestions of wether i should go to uni after my gap year ( which i mostly oppose due to costs) or continue searching for apprenticeships.

Terribly sorry that your thread hasn't received a reply yet!

It all depends on what your future aspirations are. Do you need a uni degree to accomplish them? You also say that university life isn't for you, which is a bold statement to make but if you truly feel like this, then maybe university isn't for you.

Trying to get into jobs or apprenticeships is always difficult, so do keep trying, even if it isn't working out at the moment - you'll get something lined up if you try enough!

Quick Reply

Latest