The Student Room Group

How do i prepare mentally for my exam?

I have my gcse maths mock on monday which counts for 80% of our grade and i literally have no idea if im going to go well or not. I studied for countless hours the past few weeks but i can still find some questions challenging and im aiming for a 9 but i wont mind getting an 8. How can i prepare myself mentally for my exam?
I was quite nervous before hand but it might reassure you to know I was actually completely calm once I had started. I almost become so focused that I forgot I was in an exam. The best advice I can give is try to relax the night before... do something that takes your mind off the exam so that you become a bit more calm.
Good luck for it!
This probably won’t help that much but the people who are worrying the most often do the best and it’s the people who aren’t so nervous who end up doing badly. From what you have said so far it definitely sounds like you are going to do well. In year 11 I have got a nine on every single maths mock but there are still questions on each paper that I got stuck on. But maths is a strange subject because sometimes you can get so many marks on a question without even getting the right answer. I am confident that you will do well.
Good luck!
Original post by andreasgeo1
I have my gcse maths mock on monday which counts for 80% of our grade and i literally have no idea if im going to go well or not. I studied for countless hours the past few weeks but i can still find some questions challenging and im aiming for a 9 but i wont mind getting an 8. How can i prepare myself mentally for my exam?

Your school should not be using any test for 80% and why are you back on Monday??

The guidance says 'a range of evidence' - a mock should be a small part of the 'bucket' of work.
Reply 4
Original post by Muttley79
Your school should not be using any test for 80% and why are you back on Monday??

The guidance says 'a range of evidence' - a mock should be a small part of the 'bucket' of

I have no idea i was shocked aswell when i heard it was literally 80% of our gcse grade
Original post by andreasgeo1
I have no idea i was shocked aswell when i heard it was literally 80% of our gcse grade

You need to get your parents to challenge this - the guidance is out there.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/submission-of-teacher-assessed-grades-summer-2021-info-for-teachers

Quick Reply

Latest