The Student Room Group

current research

how do i write notes for the exam please
Original post by jacksonju
how do i write notes for the exam please

Hey there! 😀

Notes are game-changers when it comes to test preparation. Here is my top-secret step-by-step guide to help you navigate the note-taking and excel at your exams:

Start by identifying the primary sources for your exam material. You may want to ask your professor about what will be relevant. This could be lecture materials such as PowerPoint presentations, your textbook, or a combination.

Decide whether you prefer taking notes digitally or on paper. Some find the speed and clarity of digital note-taking beneficial, while others take the material in outstandingly when they write manually in a traditional way.

Before diving into note-taking, skim through a topic/chapter to grasp the main concepts and organise your thoughts on how the notes could be structured. This mental outline will guide your note-taking process.

Begin your notes with a clear heading for each topic/chapter. Break down the information into concise points rather than writing lengthy paragraphs. Bullet points, numbered lists, and short concrete statements should become your best friend. You do not want to rewrite a book.

Leave enough space between points. This not only improves the aesthetics of your notes but also makes it easier for your brain to process information.

Colour-code your notes to highlight important concepts. This visual cue can make key information stand out, aiding in quick recall during revision.

Wrap up your notes with a brief summary. This will reinforce your understanding and serve as a quick reference guide later.

Remember, effective note-taking is highly individual, so feel free to tailor the tips to your own preferences or even add something from yourself. The goal is to create notes that resonate with your learning style and make your exam preparation smoother.

You have got this 💪 Feel free to reach out if you have any questions 😉 You can also chat with me or other students directly through The Ambassador Platform.

Best of luck,

Julia
Psychology student
De Montfort University
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending