The Student Room Group

Alevels at home

I was wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation to me and would love some advice.
I was Due to be sitting my alevels this year but a couple of months ago I realised I was feeling very overwhelmed and not prepared enough.
I spoke to the school and we decided it was the best idea to sit them next year.
However, that would mean I would be going back a year with the year below for a whole another year but I am very anxious and not great at making new friends.
I’m sitting the same a levels I did last year so there’s no new content, but my question is would my school allow me to potentially do my work and revision from home up until my exams next year and just come in for exams?
My situation is similar but different. lol so weird
I have taken 2 alevels and a btec but the course i wanna do requires chem alevel so im taking a year out to do chem alavel and then ill reapply next year
i only come in for the chem exams so its similar in that reguard but it is new content for me
you register with your school and just teach yourself.
my friebnd from out of school has done exactly what your doing and she said it wa sthe best decision she made rather then sitting them unprepared
Reply 2
Original post by Regan_
I was wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation to me and would love some advice.
I was Due to be sitting my alevels this year but a couple of months ago I realised I was feeling very overwhelmed and not prepared enough.
I spoke to the school and we decided it was the best idea to sit them next year.
However, that would mean I would be going back a year with the year below for a whole another year but I am very anxious and not great at making new friends.
I’m sitting the same a levels I did last year so there’s no new content, but my question is would my school allow me to potentially do my work and revision from home up until my exams next year and just come in for exams?

Hi I’m resitting mine privately right now and it’s the best decision I’ve ever made - I feel so much mentally healthier and prepared for my exams this month - with the people thing I was exactly the same but you’re always going to meet new people so you might as-well get use to it now!
Reply 3
Original post by allyacademics
My situation is similar but different. lol so weird
I have taken 2 alevels and a btec but the course i wanna do requires chem alevel so im taking a year out to do chem alavel and then ill reapply next year
i only come in for the chem exams so its similar in that reguard but it is new content for me
you register with your school and just teach yourself.
my friebnd from out of school has done exactly what your doing and she said it wa sthe best decision she made rather then sitting them unprepared

Hahah thank you so much for your reply, nice to know other people are in similar situations. I totally regret it now and dreading my friends leaving and me having to stay, but it’s great to know I don’t need to be in school till my exams come around lol

Quick Reply

Latest