The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Liverpool Erasmus Student

Hi,Any recommendations for accommodation, especially for exchange students wanting to stay only a semester?
Original post by sar.br
Hi,Any recommendations for accommodation, especially for exchange students wanting to stay only a semester?

Pretty sure the university can house you in either Melville Grove or Tudor Place? Have you applied to either?
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Original post by Sandtrooper
Pretty sure the university can house you in either Melville Grove or Tudor Place? Have you applied to either?

I haven't yet. I wanted to compare with other accommodations before booking. I'm still not sure to be able to come to Liverpool due to Covid, July 1st the final decision will be made by my outgoing exchange team.
Original post by sar.br
I haven't yet. I wanted to compare with other accommodations before booking. I'm still not sure to be able to come to Liverpool due to Covid, July 1st the final decision will be made by my outgoing exchange team.

I would recommend living in university owned rooms if you can. You'll get more rights than if you just go with a random landlord, and it will be much easier to meet people as well. Also, a lot of landlords in the UK won't let you stay for just a semester, whereas the university will.
Reply 4
Original post by Sandtrooper
I would recommend living in university owned rooms if you can. You'll get more rights than if you just go with a random landlord, and it will be much easier to meet people as well. Also, a lot of landlords in the UK won't let you stay for just a semester, whereas the university will.

Okay thanks!
Original post by sar.br

Hi there,

Glad to hear you are hoping to come to Liverpool to study! As Sandtrooper has said you might be best in University accommodation who have a set up specifically for exchange students (one semester contracts), and this way you will be with other University of Liverpool students. However, you might wish to look at some private accommodation and if you do look up Liverpool Student Homes (https://www.liverpoolstudenthomes.org/Accommodation), to be listed here the provider must meet a certain standard - there may some providers who will offer a shorter contract than the usual full academic year.

Hope this is helpful :smile:

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending