The Student Room Group

A level Chemistry

I am actually struggling with Chemistry (OCR chemistry). I find so hard to answer the exam questions. The thing is the teachers teach you the content but dont tell you how to answer the exam questions. Same with Biology to (I am doing Edexcel SNAB). Even some of the content for both Chemistry and Biology I find it hard to grasp due to lockdown when we covered them very briefly. I have exams within two weeks and feel like I am gonna fail them.
hey I used to struggle with alevel chemistry, but the more exam questions you practise, you will realise there is a trend in what examiners want from an answer and this makes it easier to know how to answer questions.
Original post by tahrimah55
hey I used to struggle with alevel chemistry, but the more exam questions you practise, you will realise there is a trend in what examiners want from an answer and this makes it easier to know how to answer questions.

how do you plan/structure your answers? What grade did you end up getting to?
Original post by GST1_m4n543
how do you plan/structure your answers? What grade did you end up getting to?

Im currently in year 13, I used to get C and Ds in year 12 but now I have been predicted an A.
It would depend on the question and topic. For example, if it was rate of reactions, you definitely have to mention frequent successful collisions somewhere in your answer.
I think you should start going through past exam questions to see what the mark scheme wants from you.

Quick Reply

Latest