The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

what's your experience of studying biomedical science in oxford brookes university ?

Hi,
I would like to know your experience of studying biomed in oxford brookes university. About the lectures,teaching,practical ? or jus the overall environment ? .Also, is the place racially diverse ?
Hi,
I am glad to hear that you are interested in studying at Oxford Brookes, it is a great university to be part of.

I don't do Biomedical Science but I do currently study Adult Nursing and our simulation and skills labs are amazing and state of the art. This link will give you all the information about our Biomedical Science course https://www.brookes.ac.uk/bms/students/bsc-biomedical-science/ which I hope will help answer your questions.

Please feel free to come back and ask any questions that you this doesn't answer.

Bekki
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 2
Original post by Oxford Brookes University
Hi,
I am glad to hear that you are interested in studying at Oxford Brookes, it is a great university to be part of.

I don't do Biomedical Science but I do currently study Adult Nursing and our simulation and skills labs are amazing and state of the art. This link will give you all the information about our Biomedical Science course https://www.brookes.ac.uk/bms/students/bsc-biomedical-science/ which I hope will help answer your questions.

Please feel free to come back and ask any questions that you this doesn't answer.

Bekki
Oxford Brookes UniversitY

Thanks for the info. It was quite helpful 😃
Reply 3
Original post by rpinhero03
Hi,
I would like to know your experience of studying biomed in oxford brookes university. About the lectures,teaching,practical ? or jus the overall environment ? .Also, is the place racially diverse ?

My experience of Brookes was terrible. I actively push everyone away from there. You'll find a bunch of lecturers that don't want to be lecturing and want to be researching instead. This leads to 90% of lectures being someone reading the slides at the front of the classroom word for word like its their first ever presentation.

I also found a lot of services advertised to me at the start as non existent such as the Brookes student union who just stopped replying to me one day.

If you do ever have a problem at Brookes as well good luck complaining. I've been in the complaints process for over a year now :/

Also if you are planning on living at Brookes accommodation then just don't! Thank me later lol

You'd be better off studying elsewhere or just doing an open university, same quality but way less money spent. Good luck!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by 15054165
My experience of Brookes was terrible. I actively push everyone away from there. You'll find a bunch of lecturers that don't want to be lecturing and want to be researching instead. This leads to 90% of lectures being someone reading the slides at the front of the classroom word for word like its their first ever presentation.

I also found a lot of services advertised to me at the start as non existent such as the Brookes student union who just stopped replying to me one day.

If you do ever have a problem at Brookes as well good luck complaining. I've been in the complaints process for over a year now :/

Also if you are planning on living at Brookes accommodation then just don't! Thank me later lol

You'd be better off studying elsewhere or just doing an open university, same quality but way less money spent. Good luck!

Thank you for the honesty because I’ve been doing research about brookes and most of them shows a really bad experience and it does not lived up to my expectations 😬
Once again thanks 👌
Reply 5
Original post by rpinhero03
Thank you for the honesty because I’ve been doing research about brookes and most of them shows a really bad experience and it does not lived up to my expectations 😬
Once again thanks 👌

I'm so glad to hear this. I was worried no one reads these posts before it's too late. Horrible university with just overall horrible ethics and a clear lack of care towards their students. The best way to describe it is that you are just a dollar sign to them. Back in the day university had real purpose and there was a clear mathematical correlation showing those who spent their money on university would get higher paying jobs. This is no longer the case and has actually completely flipped with university students having more debt and earning less than those who don't go to university.
When you add this on top of how terrible the moral and ethics are of Brookes I can only suggest you run far away
Original post by 15054165
I'm so glad to hear this. I was worried no one reads these posts before it's too late. Horrible university with just overall horrible ethics and a clear lack of care towards their students. The best way to describe it is that you are just a dollar sign to them. Back in the day university had real purpose and there was a clear mathematical correlation showing those who spent their money on university would get higher paying jobs. This is no longer the case and has actually completely flipped with university students having more debt and earning less than those who don't go to university.
When you add this on top of how terrible the moral and ethics are of Brookes I can only suggest you run far away

Hey can I ask what course you were/are doing?
bruh its just you complaining over and over about Brookes in all these threads. You are the definition of 'loud minority'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending