The Student Room Group

is it possible to cover the entire CIE iGCSE Math in like 2 and half months

so I've been self-studying igcse, I do 7 subjects but I have tutors for only Math and English. since i had tutor for Math and did not have one for the sciences i made the mistake of focusing mostly on sciences like i spent most of my time on them and it really did pay off though considering the fact that i can pretty much score full marks in past papers and i did this all like in 5 months and the other subjects i do are History, English first language and Literature and I'm good at those as well. But i barely paid any heed to Math due to having a tutor i wasn't worried but now i realized that she barely thought me anything, she did not help me at all, so i thought of just focusing on math from July 1st onwards and covering a topic each day with her and all but then i got sick and i just recovered so i couldn't continue with the plan. So basically now i know nothing and my exam is on October and it's 22 July already and im freaking out.

So is it possible to cover the entire CIE iGCSE Math in like 2 and half months and still get an A or at least a B? I'm willing to spent as many hours as i can in a day

any tips would be much appreciated
Reply 1
Yes, it is possible. You’re going to have to be disciplined and work hard at it every day though. It takes a certain number of hours to cover the course, so you are just going to have to fit those hours into a shorter time period. Check off everything on the course specification as you go along and do as many past paper questions as you can.

Good luck!
Original post by maybe.
Yes, it is possible. You’re going to have to be disciplined and work hard at it every day though. It takes a certain number of hours to cover the course, so you are just going to have to fit those hours into a shorter time period. Check off everything on the course specification as you go along and do as many past paper questions as you can.

Good luck!

thank you!! i'll definitely be doing all that!!
Reply 3
You can use the Pomodoro technique. I used it for my gcses and I revised (not first revision) the whole syllabus in 2 weeks. If you already know the chapters and just have to go through everything multiple times just to get a better grip I personally think that you'll only need a month or even less. But that is only if you are not alienated completely from the subject.

The technique consists of putting 25 minutes on your timer. Then during those 25 minutes you're gonna be revising as much as you can and don't be distracted. Once timer is up, 5 minutes of rest... you can relax at that time. Then 25 minutes again... rest 5 minutes... 25min...5mins after the 4th interval, you take a longer break (about 15 minutes)... But I reduced my breaks to 8 minutes only to be able to do as much intervals as possible in one day. Each day becomes a challenge and you then automatically become determined to complete more intervals each day!

I hope you the best. Stay safe and good luck :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Daisiee
You can use the Pomodoro technique. I used it for my gcses and I revised (not first revision) the whole syllabus in 2 weeks. If you already know the chapters and just have to go through everything multiple times just to get a better grip I personally think that you'll only need a month or even less. But that is only if you are not alienated completely from the subject.

The technique consists of putting 25 minutes on your timer. Then during those 25 minutes you're gonna be revising as much as you can and don't be distracted. Once timer is up, 5 minutes of rest... you can relax at that time. Then 25 minutes again... rest 5 minutes... 25min...5mins after the 4th interval, you take a longer break (about 15 minutes)... But I reduced my breaks to 8 minutes only to be able to do as much intervals as possible in one day. Each day becomes a challenge and you then automatically become determined to complete more intervals each day!

I hope you the best. Stay safe and good luck :smile:

yeah i did this with the sciences and it worked like a charm though but for math i'm quite alienated from the subject so i need to cover the topic before revising!! but thank you for your advice!!!

Quick Reply

Latest