The Student Room Group

Why do you use TSR?

Just out of curiosity, I was wondering what most members of TSR use the site for.

Do you come here primarily for advice, or discussion, or random chats, or is there any particular forum/section that you like and that's why you're here?

And what keeps you going? Is it the community, the interesting threads, the friends you've made or the site's need for a member like YOU?

Scroll to see replies

To save Oxford applicants from themselves :sadnod: :angel: :horse:

Spoiler

:innocent:
I come here to debate and waste time, not a lot else.

My time on TSR is coming to an end.
This site is my only form of social media, don't have to deal with the cesspit of twitter and crap like instagram, snapchat, tiktok and so on. Also, the trolls are pretty funny here.
Original post by DiddyDec
I come here to debate and waste time, not a lot else.

My time on TSR is coming to an end.

:eek2:

To quote Freddie on this:

"Bismillah! (No!) WE WILL NOT LET YOU GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :fuhrer: :mob: :nope:
i just wanna to share ideas
Reply 6
To procrastinate.
Reply 7
Boredom.
I like the sense of community.
Reply 9
To answer questions when I can as a productive way to procrastinate, but also to pick up general information to help students I tutor (mainly about clearing and medicine admissions, since I'd be clueless about them otherwise) :smile:
For the reps. Before it was to blog now it's just for reps.
I use it mainly as a form of distraction.
ikr why am i here :facepalm: haven't decoded the mystery yet :reel:
(edited 2 years ago)
Just here for the rep, on some occasions I inadvertently help people.
to make sure i dont pass my GCSEs and i waste my time counting to a billion and answering random questions and random ****
Because Twitter banned me again.
If we could all be honest for a moment, we're here for the "same picture of Ainsley Harriott every day" thread.

Original post by Reality Check
Because Twitter banned me again.

Impressive, given the standard of accounts that I report on there :smile:
I like meeting new people and also reading about people's problems and giving them advice. Also, whenever I get rep I get a dopamine hit.
Original post by Vapordave
I like the sense of community.

same :smile:

i dunno, is a bit of fun/interesting. i used to make cringy posts in all sorts of different forums(like d&ca, etc), not that I don't still do that(make cringy posts) but I spend most of my time now having fun in the chat section :biggrin:
(edited 2 years ago)
Because otherwise I'd litteraly not be interacting with no one most days

Also enjoy reading the good amd the bad posts, the good male me smile in admiration, the bad ones make me shake my head in disbelief.

I'm mainly just a browser rather than a poster on here, only have just a bit over 2000 posts to my name (half of them being in counting threads) despite being here for 2 and a half years now.

Also like to spread awareness of my chosen subject area and help those who wish to go into the niche allied health profession.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest