The Student Room Group

Personal statement: accounting and finance

What reasons should I put down for wanting to do accounting and finance? I have decent reasons but wondering if I can get some more
Original post by Incrediblezed
What reasons should I put down for wanting to do accounting and finance? I have decent reasons but wondering if I can get some more

And reasons other TSR users can give you will be their reasons. Unis want to know your reasons.

You say, "I have decent reasons", so just use those.
Original post by DataVenia
And reasons other TSR users can give you will be their reasons. Unis want to know your reasons.

You say, "I have decent reasons", so just use those.

I want more because if I hear other reasons I can be like oh yeah I agree, e.g if they said idk many opportunities for progression, hence why I'm asking this question,
Personal statements are meant to be personal. You shouldn't just be copying ideas other people give you.
Original post by Uni_student3132
Personal statements are meant to be personal. You shouldn't just be copying ideas other people give you.

It's not copying 😭😭 it's called learning? Like personal yeah but u also need to learn about it no? this is me learning? I'm not supposed to just be born with the knowledge yk
It's not copying 😭😭 it's called learning? Like personal yeah but u also need to learn about it no? this is me learning? I'm not supposed to just be born with the knowledge yk

Well yes, you should already know why you want to study a course. Listening to other people's reasons and taking them is literally copying.

If you like a particular TV show or movie do you need other people to tell you why they like it to be able to explain why you like it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending