The Student Room Group

GCSE results day

In a week it’s results day!! How’s everyone feeling?
Original post by l.r.
In a week it’s results day!! How’s everyone feeling?

Positive so far! How did everyone perform in their mocks? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by imaanali1
Positive so far! How did everyone perform in their mocks? :smile:

We didn’t have mocks because our school was shut down for a month due to covid during mock period (added to all the lockdowns, I’ve practically had no in person school except exams)!!
Because of this I have absolutely no clue what level I’m at for each subject- our school hasn’t given us interims for over a year so even more mystery! I could literally be at grade 8 in everything or grade 4, I have no clue!!!!!
Original post by l.r.
We didn’t have mocks because our school was shut down for a month due to covid during mock period (added to all the lockdowns, I’ve practically had no in person school except exams)!!
Because of this I have absolutely no clue what level I’m at for each subject- our school hasn’t given us interims for over a year so even more mystery! I could literally be at grade 8 in everything or grade 4, I have no clue!!!!!

I am quite worried now tbh because during the whole of year 11 I achieved straight grade 8's and 9's, however in year 10 I was achieving grade 6's and 7's mainly. My teacher said everything is taken into account from year 10 as well so I really don't want my year 10 grades to lower my final GCSE results. Year 11 was a stressful year with all the uncertainty and getting high grades meant that I was so burnt out and I don't want my efforts to go to waste.
Nervous. More nervous than my daughter. We're a home educating family so it's hard to have no real benchmark for even guessing how she's done in some of the subjects.

One subject in particular she self studied just from textbooks.
For another subject she only studied half the course with a distance learning provider, but she did her depth study just from textbooks.

She's only done four subjects this year so far as she was only Year 10, but still it's so expensive taking exams as a private candidate so I really don't want her to require resits!

I can't see her having failed though, to be honest. Biology is probably going to be her lowest grade but I think she's still going to have passed everything.

Quick Reply

Latest