The Student Room Group

Help on revision for GCSE subjects :)

Hi I am moving into year 10 this year but just really don’t know how to revise GCSE Spanish, food tech and drama ? Any recommendations?
Original post by holly.d.17
Hi I am moving into year 10 this year but just really don’t know how to revise GCSE Spanish, food tech and drama ? Any recommendations?

For food tech, there was lots of information that was thrown at us so I just made flashcards on this software called Anki as I went along through the year. Sorry that I can’t advise on the other subjects - not too confident with languages and I don’t take drama :smile:
Reply 2
That’s great thank you so much for the help, I will check out the website :smile:
That’s great thank you so much for the help, I will check out the website :smile:

Forgot to add: I also did some past papers and practise questions from the CGP revision guide :smile: Good luck!
for spanish, I used quizlet

I searched my exam board and module (e.g. Edexcel module 1 spanish vocab) and all the words I needed to know came up.

if you're aiming for high grades, always work on your grammar & learn complex phrases for speaking and writing :smile:
also learn the format of the exams
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
That’s really helpful that you :smile:
Reply 6
Yes that’s great I have those books so I will do that !
For Spanish:
The only way I can learn my Spanish speaking answers is using look cover write check, I rewrite it around 10 times until I can write it and say it perfectly.
I use flashcards for vocab and sort them into piles of level difficulty so I know how often I need to revise some of them.
For tenses I use a rhythm and kind of make them a song to remember them.
Also for any words I'm uncertain on or need to translate I use Spanishdict as apposed to Google translate.
Reply 8

For Spanish, you can use duolingo if you want to learn the basics which will make writing essays much easier, and also the flashcards section on quizlet is very good as well.
Reply 9
Hi, I did the AQA board so not sure if all the advice applies but
for spanish learn as much general vocab as you can, you'll need it
you can use quizlet and brainscape to do this
learn some idioms, phrases and some really native expressions to really stand out, it's what boosted my speaking and writing marks
try to watch some spanish shows or music etc for speaking and see what words you can interpret and pick out : it helped me get used to the pace and style of the listening exams
for grammar use LANGUAGE GYM!!!! YOUR BEST FRIEND
learn how to conjugate properly- dont be lazy about it

Quick Reply

Latest