The Student Room Group

GCSE

Hi,
I am doing AQA English Language and i need desperate help to buy a revision guide. Are there any good Revision Guides? Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Oh thanks, Is there anything particular in that book that is good (Better than other books)?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous48
Oh thanks, Is there anything particular in that book that is good (Better than other books)?

I think you buy AQA revision guide because it the exam Board spec, if you get what I mean. I am also doing AQA exam board for English
Original post by ZALAB
I think you buy AQA revision guide because it the exam Board spec, if you get what I mean. I am also doing AQA exam board for English

Ok Thanks, So what do you use to revise?
Reply 5
Ok Thanks, So what do you use to revise?

I am not gonna lie, i don't buy any revision guide Coz my school gave us laptop
and it has, all what we need for our exams but I use seneca , bbc bitesize and YouTube videos and also concentrate on class and make notes.
O

Original post by ZALAB
I am not gonna lie, i don't buy any revision guide Coz my school gave us laptop
and it has, all what we need for our exams but I use seneca , bbc bitesize and YouTube videos and also concentrate on class and make notes.

oh ok, What were the youtube channels? Thanks
Reply 7
I use any GCSE revision videos if it clear and have all the details i need.
Mr Bruff, also search for physics and maths tutor on google.
Reply 8
I hope it helps you.
Original post by ZALAB
I hope it helps you.

Ok thanks, I have heard that Mr Bruff Has also made revision guides. Since you have watched his videos, Do you recommend me to get them? Thanks
Reply 10
Ok thanks, I have heard that Mr Bruff Has also made revision guides. Since you have watched his videos, Do you recommend me to get them? Thanks

yes but i still think you should buy the exam board own because it will have the information you you know, the reason is that his revision guide might be for different exam boards.What i am trying to say is that you might be reading what is for another exam boards. Do you get what I am trying to say?
Original post by ZALAB
yes but i still think you should buy the exam board own because it will have the information you you know, the reason is that his revision guide might be for different exam boards.What i am trying to say is that you might be reading what is for another exam boards. Do you get what I am trying to say?

I do get what you are saying but I am not sure if AQA (Exam Board) makes an revision guides? which is why i am considering this one. Many Thanks
Reply 12
I do get what you are saying but I am not sure if AQA (Exam Board) makes an revision guides? which is why i am considering this one. Many Thanks

I think you should ask your teacher
Original post by ZALAB
I think you should ask your teacher

Ok, Thanks for the help
Hi,
I am doing AQA English Language and i need desperate help to buy a revision guide. Are there any good Revision Guides? Thanks

I reccomend the Collins aqa revision guide, that was pretty good and the Mr Bruff guides explain everything and u can use them with the videos
Original post by WILD_CHILD1407
I reccomend the Collins aqa revision guide, that was pretty good and the Mr Bruff guides explain everything and u can use them with the videos

Ok thanks but is there anything else that you did apart from those 2 things?

Well there is the cgp revision guide you could use for eng lit but tbh I just make good notes in class or look at example questions on spark notes, etc
well there is the cgp guide for eng lit (depending on what you're studying) but to be honest I just did exam questions from a workbook(York notes) and made good notes.maybe listing down any quotes/important points etc?
cliff, York and spark notes are also helpful as revision guides.
Reply 18
Well there is the cgp revision guide you could use for eng lit but tbh I just make good notes in class or look at example questions on spark notes, etc

same
well there is the cgp guide for eng lit (depending on what you're studying) but to be honest I just did exam questions from a workbook(York notes) and made good notes.maybe listing down any quotes/important points etc?
cliff, York and spark notes are also helpful as revision guides.

Thanks for the response. But do you think CGP books are too vague or are they helpful? Also, Did you buy any Mr Bruff books on Eng Lit (Christmas Carol, Macbeth etc.)? Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest