The Student Room Group

Mishcon de Reya 2022 apprenticeship

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by idk.lol
ok thank you so much! i just had another question, if the video interview doesnt go too well, but not like very obviously bad/unprepared, do you think they might still offer you an invite to the assessment centre? would you say your interview went well and did they already get back to you about the AC ?

I thought my questions went well but not great. I did get through to the AC which I completed this week. Don't worry too much and do your best. I just got it out of the way so not to dwell on it. I'm sure you'll do well.
Original post by Gazza0221
I thought my questions went well but not great. I did get through to the AC which I completed this week. Don't worry too much and do your best. I just got it out of the way so not to dwell on it. I'm sure you'll do well.

Hi, what type of questions did they ask? were they competency based?
Reply 22
Original post by Aneeqa19
Hi, what type of questions did they ask? were they competency based?

Competency/strength based
Competency/strength based

Thankyou, what would you recommend focusing on when revising and practising for the questions?
Reply 24
Original post by Aneeqa19
Thankyou, what would you recommend focusing on when revising and practising for the questions?

The questions are not trick questions. Common interview questions.

ok thank you sm i really appreciate it! how did your AC go? do you have any tips/advice ?
Reply 26
what are other apprenticeship programmes are people applying to?
Reply 27
Hi I’m having my video interview tomorrow
Are the questions like these ?

What are your strengths
What are your weaknesses
Talk to us about your self
Why Mishcon
Why law

Is it something along those lines???
Original post by Ragz.H.
Hi I’m having my video interview tomorrow
Are the questions like these ?

What are your strengths
What are your weaknesses
Talk to us about your self
Why Mishcon
Why law

Is it something along those lines???

Other than weakness, yes pretty much. The questions are not difficult at all u also get 90secs to plan which is a lot of time to think about your answer. I found I got impatient and didn’t use the time, I guess I probably should’ve though. Good luck.
Hi everyone,

I got called for the video interview which I completed at the end of November, and I haven’t heard back yet. Should I just take that as a rejection or are there many others like me. I just assumed loads of people applied so, good or bad, I’d have to wait a while.
But reading here and some people already have another interview so…..

Congrats to anyone who managed to get through, though! But if anyone has been ignored or outright rejected, please let me know!
Original post by Twentytwenty2
Hi everyone,

I got called for the video interview which I completed at the end of November, and I haven’t heard back yet. Should I just take that as a rejection or are there many others like me. I just assumed loads of people applied so, good or bad, I’d have to wait a while.
But reading here and some people already have another interview so…..

Congrats to anyone who managed to get through, though! But if anyone has been ignored or outright rejected, please let me know!

hey it’s the same for me and a lot of my friends. it obviously is likely that none of us have gotten through but i think they would send us a rejection email but i’m not sure? ig we will just have to wait it out but we are all the in same position so that might mean something lol
Thank so much for getting back to me! Yeah, I’ll guess I’ll just wait. If they don’t get back to me in a week or so, I’ll send an email just so I don’t feel like I’m in limbo. I really thought they’d send one themselves, but I suppose they’re inundated.

Anyways, Happy new year everyone and good luck to you all :smile:
Thank so much for getting back to me! Yeah, I’ll guess I’ll just wait. If they don’t get back to me in a week or so, I’ll send an email just so I don’t feel like I’m in limbo. I really thought they’d send one themselves, but I suppose they’re inundated.

Anyways, Happy new year everyone and good luck to you all :smile:

yh i thought the same and i emailed them about it after i did my interview and they said “Applications are currently being reviewed and we will endeavour to get back to you soon. Everyone will be notified of the outcome of their application upon review.” which was on the 17th of december but let me know what they say if u email them! and happy new year to you too and good luck :wink:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by idk.lol
yh i thought the same and i emailed them about it after i did my interview and they said “Applications are currently being reviewed and we will endeavour to get back to you soon. Everyone will be notified of the outcome of their application upon review.” which was on the 17th of december but let me know what they say if u email them! and happy new year to you too and good luck :wink:

Ahhh lmk when you hear back! I feel like they're gonna take a while tbh. Is that the video interview you are referring to or the assessment day interview?
The video interview not the assessment day, but since @idk.lol emailed them already and the email said we’ll all hear back, I probably won’t send one any time soon. If I do, I’ll let you know.
The video interview not the assessment day, but since @idk.lol emailed them already and the email said we’ll all hear back, I probably won’t send one any time soon. If I do, I’ll let you know.

I hope all goes well! This is taking so long haha
I know😩. I wish this was done face-to-face, I think I’d actually feel way more confident (and articulate 😑) funnily enough. Wasn’t happy with my performance as my nerves got the better of me which is gutting because Mishcon is exactly what I’m looking for in a firm, but it is what it is. Wishing you well too 🤞✨ this is a life changing job so I hope some of us on here get the opportunity.
I know😩. I wish this was done face-to-face, I think I’d actually feel way more confident (and articulate 😑) funnily enough. Wasn’t happy with my performance as my nerves got the better of me which is gutting because Mishcon is exactly what I’m looking for in a firm, but it is what it is. Wishing you well too 🤞✨ this is a life changing job so I hope some of us on here get the opportunity.

Original post by bliss_an
Ahhh lmk when you hear back! I feel like they're gonna take a while tbh. Is that the video interview you are referring to or the assessment day interview?

I was referring to the video interview sorry if that wasn’t clear. Also same I really wish it was an in person interview or even over the phone as I definitely didn’t do as well as i’d hoped but they look at the applications holistically so hopefully that’ll make up for it
I got the email today guys, I didn’t get through 💔. It’s not surprising but it still hurts lol. Anyways, we carry on. Best of luck to you all!
Reply 39
Hey, has anyone got any response from Mishcon after the AC?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending