The Student Room Group

UCL PGCE application help 2022!?

Hi, I'm in my final year of undergrad and I'm thinking of applying to UCL for a PGCE in Secondary History, however, I checked the entry requirements and it said a 5 or C was needed in GCSE Maths, I received a 4 which is still equivalent to a C, do you think this would affect my application? I mean I go to a good Russel Group uni in London, so I should hope not. Any advice?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by samiyaq
Hi, I'm in my final year of undergrad and I'm thinking of applying to UCL for a PGCE in Secondary History, however, I checked the entry requirements and it said a 5 or C was needed in GCSE Maths, I received a 4 which is still equivalent to a C, do you think this would affect my application? I mean I go to a good Russel Group uni in London, so I should hope not. Any advice?

If they want a 5 then you haven't got a 5 .... yes, it will affect your application

Plenty of other places to go ...
Original post by samiyaq

They probably won't accept the 4.
Have a look at redoing maths with Equivalency Testing.
I had a similar issue and had to redo my GCSE Science with Equivalency Testing.
Reply 3
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
They probably won't accept the 4.
Have a look at redoing maths with Equivalency Testing.
I had a similar issue and had to redo my GCSE Science with Equivalency Testing.

How long did it take for you to do and pass?
Original post by samiyaq
How long did it take for you to do and pass?

Studied for a couple months before booking my test.
Hi @samiyaq

Normally providers want a level 4 or C so I would go back to the provider to double check and ask them if you have a 4 not a 5 what can you do or do they require to make your application stronger. If you don't have one already you can get an adviser who is an experienced teacher from 'Get into Teaching' service they can also try to help you to look at other providers, and application requirements. Please do call us on Freephone 0800 389 2500 between 8.30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday or register online at the Get into teaching website.

Wishing you all the very best, hope that helps

Olivia

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending