The Student Room Group

Math Homework help (average speed in meters per hour)

Please help me with these questions! If you could give me the answer and HOW you got there I would be really grateful TwT. Thanks!

1) A runner runs at a speed of 12km/h for 3 hours and 15 minutes. How far do they run?

2) An aeroplane flies at an average speed of 510mph. How long would it take to fly at a distance of 2720 miles?

3) If a worm travels at a distance of 8.25m in 2 hours and 45 minutes, work out their average speed in meters per hour
what have you got so far?
or what specifically do you need help with? what level are you working at?
Reply 3
Original post by bl0bf1sh
what have you got so far?

I kept trying to answer them and couldn't and just ended up skipping those questions and answering the others. After searching the questions up I found out the answers are as follows:
1) 39km
2) 5 hours and 20 minutes
3) 3 meters per hour
But I still don't understand how to get to those answers.
Original post by Moch2
Please help me with these questions! If you could give me the answer and HOW you got there I would be really grateful TwT. Thanks!

1) A runner runs at a speed of 12km/h for 3 hours and 15 minutes. How far do they run?

2) An aeroplane flies at an average speed of 510mph. How long would it take to fly at a distance of 2720 miles?

3) If a worm travels at a distance of 8.25m in 2 hours and 45 minutes, work out their average speed in meters per hour

We can't do questions for you; it's against forum rules.

Presumably you know speed = distance/time ... can you think about how to use that?
Reply 5
Original post by Muttley79
We can't do questions for you; it's against forum rules.

Presumably you know speed = distance/time ... can you think about how to use that?

I can try, thank you! Do you happen to know the units used for speed, distance and time?
Original post by Moch2
I can try, thank you! Do you happen to know the units used for speed, distance and time?

You have to use the units you want your answer in or 'matching units' ie if your have a speed in metres/second then you need to use seconds for the time.

Quick Reply

Latest