The Student Room Group

Best timetable for studying 4 subjects?

Hi, a student in O-Levels here.

Considering I have barely 3 months until my May/June exams, and the fact that I haven’t properly studied in ages, what would be a perfect daily timetable for me? I’m taking Maths, Physics, Biology and Chemistry 🥲
Reply 1
Original post by erenix

Considering I have barely 3 months until my May/June exams, and the fact that I haven’t properly studied in ages, what would be a perfect daily timetable for me? I’m taking Maths, Physics, Biology and Chemistry 🥲

Hey I'm taking Maths Biology Chemistry and Further Maths, so pretty close combo.

Do this everyday...

When I get home at 3:30-4:30 I will do an hour of Subject 1 revision

Then at 5:45-6:30 I will do an hour of Subject 2 revision

From 7-8 I will do any homework or test prep

And from 8:30-9:00 I will practise flashcards of my choice

Modify this to what time your school ends. But this way you get at least 1 hour 45 mins or revision done daily (which isn;t that bad when you think it amounts to 12.25 hours a week. Alternate every day the subjects, so Monday Maths and Physics, Tuesday Biology and Chemistry.

Use 50% of free lessons to study. If you have a double lesson break in between lessons - write notes, do some blurting, practise past papers. Use your free time wisely, but also relax.

Most colleges recommend 4 hours per subject per week. So 20 for you. 12.25 hours, with lets say 1 free lesson per day is about 17.25 hours. Then on weekend you may do little more little less.

Clearly this timetable will change a bit if you have clubs or events on certain days, and at first it looks daunting, but if you don't have any homework or tests upcoming, your 7-8 slot is free to do whatever. you'd like
Reply 2
Original post by study23!
Original post by erenix

Hey I'm taking Maths Biology Chemistry and Further Maths, so pretty close combo.

Do this everyday...

When I get home at 3:30-4:30 I will do an hour of Subject 1 revision

Then at 5:45-6:30 I will do an hour of Subject 2 revision

From 7-8 I will do any homework or test prep

And from 8:30-9:00 I will practise flashcards of my choice

Modify this to what time your school ends. But this way you get at least 1 hour 45 mins or revision done daily (which isn;t that bad when you think it amounts to 12.25 hours a week. Alternate every day the subjects, so Monday Maths and Physics, Tuesday Biology and Chemistry.

Use 50% of free lessons to study. If you have a double lesson break in between lessons - write notes, do some blurting, practise past papers. Use your free time wisely, but also relax.

Most colleges recommend 4 hours per subject per week. So 20 for you. 12.25 hours, with lets say 1 free lesson per day is about 17.25 hours. Then on weekend you may do little more little less.

Clearly this timetable will change a bit if you have clubs or events on certain days, and at first it looks daunting, but if you don't have any homework or tests upcoming, your 7-8 slot is free to do whatever. you'd like

This is very helpful, thank you :smile: I don’t have an extracurricular taking up my weekdays, apart from Wednesday so I think I’m all good now hope that I can successfully follow this schedule 🤜

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending