The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

University of OXford Postgraduate and Graduate funding 2022

Hi everyone,

This is a space for funding and scholarship updates for the 2022 entry into Oxford University. If you have any updates and questions regarding funding for 2022 Postgraduate and Graduate degrees please post them here.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
First off, any news from Clarendon and/or Ertegun applicants?
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 2
Original post by timo2022
First off, any news from Clarendon and/or Ertegun applicants?

No, but I haven’t heard back about my application to Oxford yet. Have you?
Reply 3
Original post by Sun_908
No, but I haven’t heard back about my application to Oxford yet. Have you?

I received an offer for my MSt, but it didn't have any funding information yet. Have been hesitating to accept the offer without any news on funding, but decided to accept the offer today and just hope for the best. I heard a couple of people in Chemistry and History have received their Clarendon scholarships already.
(edited 2 years ago)
How long will it take for us offer holders to hear back about funding? Got my MSt offer yesterday and also applied to Ertegun, but never heard anything back. I'm contemplating emailing my department.
I received an offer for my MSt, but it didn't have any funding information yet. Have been hesitating to accept the offer without any news on funding, but decided to accept the offer today and just hope for the best. I heard a couple of people in Chemistry and History have received their Clarendon scholarships already.

Do you know when they heard about Clarendon and was it the official letter or an unofficial email?
Reply 6
i have had an ertegun interview 3 weeks ago but haven't heard anything back
Original post by r_f_m500

Was that for a master's or a PhD?
Reply 8
Original post by therumireader
Was that for a master's or a PhD?

it was for masters in classical indian religion - i'm assuming i didn't get it because i haven't heard anything but i haven't seen anyone online saying that they've received the ertegun scholarship so not sure entirely what the situation is
it was for masters in classical indian religion - i'm assuming i didn't get it because i haven't heard anything but i haven't seen anyone online saying that they've received the ertegun scholarship so not sure entirely what the situation is

Hm interesting. FYI I have emailed my department (History) about it as well as about funding. Let's see what they get back with.
Original post by therumireader
Hm interesting. FYI I have emailed my department (History) about it as well as about funding. Let's see what they get back with.

okay great - let me know what the response is!
Reply 11
Original post by hydrangeablue
Do you know when they heard about Clarendon and was it the official letter or an unofficial email?

I don't know for sure, all I heard was that they received their offer for full funding through Clarendon. This was a couple of days back. Does anyone know if they come out in batches per department?
Reply 12
okay great - let me know what the response is!

I also emailed my department about funding and they said that they won't know if I have any funding until the end of March/ beginning of April. The wait is killing me, I can barely focus.
Reply 13

Also had my interview 3 weeks ago but no word yet. I haven't seen anyone post about getting it yet, and when I emailed Ertegun they said that their offers would be out by the 21st March, so if I hadn't heard back I should consider myself unsuccessful.
Reply 14
Also had my interview 3 weeks ago but no word yet. I haven't seen anyone post about getting it yet, and when I emailed Ertegun they said that their offers would be out by the 21st March, so if I hadn't heard back I should consider myself unsuccessful.

May I ask what your department is?

Oh okay 21st March - well at least it’s good to have a definite date to work with! Yeh the wait is killing me too lol just so annoying not being able to make any kind of plan for future months!! What department are you from and how did your Ertegun interview go? I hope you receive good news!!!
Reply 16
Original post by ofer
May I ask what your department is?

Its Humanities and interdisciplinary - so five different departments coordinate it including History, English, Philosophy etc
Reply 17
Oh okay 21st March - well at least it’s good to have a definite date to work with! Yeh the wait is killing me too lol just so annoying not being able to make any kind of plan for future months!! What department are you from and how did your Ertegun interview go? I hope you receive good news!!!

I'm applying to the women's studies master's! Thank you! I think it went well- the interviewers were so lovely, but because of the radioactive silence that has followed it's been a bit nerve-wracking tbh. Good luck to you too!

Someone on Gradcafe keeps posting that his professor told them the board decided to cancel the scholarship this year ... but I think its probably fake. I can't imagine they wouldn't post something like that on their website.
I'm applying to the women's studies master's! Thank you! I think it went well- the interviewers were so lovely, but because of the radioactive silence that has followed it's been a bit nerve-wracking tbh. Good luck to you too!

Someone on Gradcafe keeps posting that his professor told them the board decided to cancel the scholarship this year ... but I think its probably fake. I can't imagine they wouldn't post something like that on their website.

hey sorry for asking but your name in the handle sounds german lol if u are, did u apply for a DAAD masters scholarship?
Reply 19
Original post by kaykaylicious19
hey sorry for asking but your name in the handle sounds german lol if u are, did u apply for a DAAD masters scholarship?

No i'm actually Welsh! I only applied to Ertegun :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending