The Student Room Group

German

Hi. Could you advise how to help with German speaking?
hey! i literally had mine this morning. my german course is edexcel but might help if ur doing another exam board
you should talk to your teacher but heres a few things i found out

there are 5 themes and for the general conversation you get to choose the first topic then your teacher gets a choice of 2 other themes they'll choose between and (since they want you to get the highest grade) possible theyll (hopefully) choose the easier theme - so if global warming (theme 5) was one option and school (theme 1) was the other then they should hopefully choose theme 1 for you. this made it easier for me as i only learn key words for global warming instead of preparing whole answers because i was almost certain it wouldnt come up in gen conversation

I chose identity and culture as my theme and cultural life as the specific topic as i find it easiest and this made it easier to work out which themes would come up in my test. Since identity and culture is such a big topic it removed the possibilty of any small aspects of it coming up on the roleplay or picture card and focussed on the bits i actually knew and revised the most.

a general exam tip is to just try to have a normal conversation. you get marked on how well you can communicate with the examier as if it is a normal conversation so try not to have montonal speech and instead talk with more emphasise? if u get what i mean

everyone gets nervous for the exam and it might make u perform slightly worse but thats the same for everyone apart from lpeople that r literally german but thats like oh well

I found it hard to revise for the speaking but i know opinions help get into the top grades so yesterday i learnt as many different words i could like ausgezeichnet and schrecklich to make more complex sentences and have different opinions so its like more broad vocab

another thing is just remember ur grammar rules like a sentence after weil sends the verb to the end so if ur saying like "ich hasse fussball weil es schwierig ist" the ist goes to the end.

hope this helps??
Original post by Amanda Gillett
Hi. Could you advise how to help with German speaking?

Flashcards! Write your answers to general questions and memorise.

Quick Reply

Latest