The Student Room Group

GLS / GLP Legal Trainee Scheme 2022

Apparently the nightmare continues tomorrow - it's getting earlier and earlier...

I have it on authority that this is the last time the SJT-VRT-CRT-VIV-Interview process will be used.

The good news is that they will from next year be putting in place a new diversity-friendly process that will not include the bonkers tests that unwittingly screen out minority and disabled candidates at a stroke.

The bad news is that the GLD has enlisted PoopleScoop to design and run it, so chaos and incompetence will likely undo any forward-thinking steps...

Plus ça change...!

Good luck all - we'll need it!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Crimp
Apparently the nightmare continues tomorrow - it's getting earlier and earlier...

I have it on authority that this is the last time the SJT-VRT-CRT-VIV-Interview process will be used.

The good news is that they will from next year be putting in place a new diversity-friendly process that will not include the bonkers tests that unwittingly screen out minority and disabled candidates at a stroke.

The bad news is that the GLD has enlisted PoopleScoop to design and run it, so chaos and incompetence will likely undo any forward-thinking steps...

Plus ça change...!

Good luck all - we'll need it!

Come on, now - be fair. At least wait until they drop their first immense howler.

....which should be any moment now if we're now on day 1! :-)
(edited 2 years ago)
Hello!
I feel like the scheme started so early this year - or is it just me?
Let's hope for the best everyone!!
Reply 3
Is anyone else having trouble with the application form? There’s no save button and it logged me out before I’d finished, so now I have to start all over again!!
Original post by mxnxl
Is anyone else having trouble with the application form? There’s no save button and it logged me out before I’d finished, so now I have to start all over again!!

It was okay for me, but I also wish there was a save button. You have to do it all at once and I would say try not to take more than 15 min filling it just in case
Reply 5
Original post by mxnxl

Had exactly the same issue. I think there might be a 20-minute time limit, and then you lose the lot.

I've e-mailed in twu-e to query it, but - as expected - I have not received any response.

Still, that's got to be better than an incorrect response, so perhaps things are looking up at GovTrainees!!!
Reply 6
Original post by Grimer
Had exactly the same issue. I think there might be a 20-minute time limit, and then you lose the lot.

I've e-mailed in twu-e to query it, but - as expected - I have not received any response.

Still, that's got to be better than an incorrect response, so perhaps things are looking up at GovTrainees!!!

I managed it yesterday, within about 30-40 mins maybe? Gonna complete the SJT tonight, good luck everyone!
Reply 7
Hey! Did my SJT over the weekend and not had a score yet, has anyone received an outcome email? Thanks!
Original post by YFK276
Hey! Did my SJT over the weekend and not had a score yet, has anyone received an outcome email? Thanks!

Same for me! Hopefully they will come out today?
Reply 9
Original post by KennyMcCormick
Same for me! Hopefully they will come out today?

Still haven’t heard anything, have you?
I can't remember where I saw it, but there is a timeline available that you guys can look at to see when the results will come out.

The results for te SJT isn't coming out till later I believe, but please correct me if I'm wrong
(edited 1 year ago)
Found the source - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/government-legal-service-gls-legal-trainee-scheme-how-to-apply--2

And here they say "SJT results will be announced between 17 and 20 May. Candidates who pass the SJT will be invited to complete the Verbal Reasoning Test (VRT) on 20 May."
Original post by Hello34
Found the source - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/government-legal-service-gls-legal-trainee-scheme-how-to-apply--2

And here they say "SJT results will be announced between 17 and 20 May. Candidates who pass the SJT will be invited to complete the Verbal Reasoning Test (VRT) on 20 May."

Just saw that! Thank you
Just got an email saying that I didn't pass the SJT, good luck to everyone else
Is anyone still waiting to hear back?
I am still..
Original post by sunshineblue
Original post by sunshineblue

I haven’t heard anything either
Hey when did you receive the email? Has anyone else received an email?
Reply 19
Still waiting to hear back. Has anyone else heard??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending