The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

warwick 2022

planning to study law at warwick this september. does anyone have any advice on how to prepare and what to expect? is there an available reading list or something?
It depends on a bunch of things—have you received an unconditional offer? If yes, you would have received a tentative reading list with it.

You’ve given no information on whether you’re going for a UG or PG programme or what the programme is.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
They probably won't give you much/anything to do before the course starts. I study business at Warwick, so a bit different, but in the weeks leading up to my course starting we had some 'pre-arrival tasks' to do, which more or less were just registering for services on campus, like the health centre, or uploading a photo so you can get an ID card printed. We did have a math booster module to complete which reiterated what was taught at A-Level Math, but obviously a business degree is more numbers-oriented than law so I doubt you would have this. I would expect there won't be any work expected of you before the course begins. Anyways, law students get a reading week every so often where there are no classes just to catch up on readings, because you can expect a lot of reading each week
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by grud
They probably won't give you much/anything to do before the course starts. I study business at Warwick, so a bit different, but in the weeks leading up to my course starting we had some 'pre-arrival tasks' to do, which more or less were just registering for services on campus, like the health centre, or uploading a photo so you can get an ID card printed. We did have a math booster module to complete which reiterated what was taught at A-Level Math, but obviously a business degree is more numbers-oriented than law so I doubt you would have this. I would expect there won't be any work expected of you before the course begins. Anyways, law students get a reading week every so often where there are no classes just to catch up on readings, because you can expect a lot of reading each week

tysm your answer is so much helpful compared to the others
Original post by Anonymous
It depends on a bunch of things—have you received an unconditional offer? If yes, you would have received a tentative reading list with it.

You’ve given no information on whether you’re going for a UG or PG programme or what the programme is.

i do the IB and have my offer confirmed but i havent received a reading list yet

Quick Reply

Latest