The Student Room Group

Do unis care about low GCSEs

Hi everyone,
My gcses are pretty average 987666643, is it possible to have a chance in getting an offer from a russel group unis like Warwick for Accounting & Finance. I have a 9 in maths and 7 in English Language. Im currently doing A-Level maths, further maths and Level 3 Cambridge Technical in IT (equivalent to 1 a-level). Also soon to be starting an EPQ. My question is mainly directed to those who were successful in their applications to Unis like Warwick, Bath, Manchester, Birmingham.
Ring those universities up tomorrow and ask them directly
Reply 2
Original post by ethanganger
Hi everyone,
My gcses are pretty average 987666643, is it possible to have a chance in getting an offer from a russel group unis like Warwick for Accounting & Finance. I have a 9 in maths and 7 in English Language. Im currently doing A-Level maths, further maths and Level 3 Cambridge Technical in IT (equivalent to 1 a-level). Also soon to be starting an EPQ. My question is mainly directed to those who were successful in their applications to Unis like Warwick, Bath, Manchester, Birmingham.

Your and my definition of average are NOT the same lol, the average gcse grade in 2022 was 5 whereas yours is just above 6. The 9 in maths helps a lot, however the fail doesn't look great. What was it in? If it was in science then that may be a bit of a problem.
Reply 3
unis will look at your gcses depending what course you want to do so e.g. medicine they look at everything. and i am pretty certain that unis like warwick will look at them but they are not as important as stuff like ur predicted grades.
Reply 4
Original post by Dazza07h
Your and my definition of average are NOT the same lol, the average gcse grade in 2022 was 5 whereas yours is just above 6. The 9 in maths helps a lot, however the fail doesn't look great. What was it in? If it was in science then that may be a bit of a problem.

It was in Computer Science
Original post by ethanganger
It was in Computer Science

You wont have a problem with your GCSEs. They are excellent. My one concern is your IT course especially given your fail in Computer Science.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending