The Student Room Group

What degree, options are out there?? Medicine/engineering?

Ok, I'm in year 12 and I do chemistry, maths and physics alevel. For the longest time I thought I would either do something engineering related or medicine related.

I went to an open evening event and after thinking about it a bit more, I don't know what to do.
I'm no longer interested in engineering after the open evening, and simply since I dont think I would enjoy it..

And as for any medicine related degrees, I feel like i would be very disadvantaged since I don't do biology...

I'm thinking i need to be more open minded since I haven't thought of anything else.
Any suggestions, advice or even experiences would be nice!
Reply 1
Oh I'm sorry, I don't know to post on the specific forms, so sorry if i accidentally did!

I haven't done any medicine related work experiences though I've signed up for a Medicine summer school to see what they teach and what its like in a months time.

I also saw the med schools without bio, but i feel like my application wouldn't be competitive enough for it as I dont think I'm going to get A* predictions, only A.
Original post by Kushi_
Ok, I'm in year 12 and I do chemistry, maths and physics alevel. For the longest time I thought I would either do something engineering related or medicine related.

I went to an open evening event and after thinking about it a bit more, I don't know what to do.
I'm no longer interested in engineering after the open evening, and simply since I dont think I would enjoy it..

And as for any medicine related degrees, I feel like i would be very disadvantaged since I don't do biology...

I'm thinking i need to be more open minded since I haven't thought of anything else.
Any suggestions, advice or even experiences would be nice!

Have you looked at biomedical engineering. This degree and career path allows you to explore engineering solutions to medical issues. The field is rapidly expanding and allows for a lot of different areas of interest, from prosthetics and AI to tissue and cell engineering.

Quick Reply

Latest