The Student Room Group

Help!!!!!!A level options

Sup
So I think i might have messed up with my A level choices: Chemistry biology economics and AS level core maths.
So i am confused on what i can do for a degree which provides a bright future
Original post by Should
Sup
So I think i might have messed up with my A level choices: Chemistry biology economics and AS level core maths.

Do you have any idea what you want to do? In terms of career or university course. I don't feel comfortable picking out courses because I do not know you or what you enjoy, there is no point picking a path that leads to a better paid job if you don't enjoy it. It isn't worth making yourself miserable over it.
Reply 2
I did the exact same expect core maths and doing medicine :smile:
Original post by Should
Sup
Reply 3
Original post by examboard
I did the exact same expect core maths and doing medicine :smile:

In what uni did you do it in?
Reply 4
Original post by flowersinmyhair
Do you have any idea what you want to do? In terms of career or university course. I don't feel comfortable picking out courses because I do not know you or what you enjoy, there is no point picking a path that leads to a better paid job if you don't enjoy it. It isn't worth making yourself miserable over it.

Hmmm makes sense well i am interested in civil engineering, accountancy and lastly medicine
Original post by Should
Hmmm makes sense well i am interested in civil engineering, accountancy and lastly medicine

I would do some more research on those courses and maybe try some MOOCs on them or webinars to get a better taste for them and that should maybe give you more of an idea on what you want to do.
Reply 6
Original post by flowersinmyhair
I would do some more research on those courses and maybe try some MOOCs on them or webinars to get a better taste for them and that should maybe give you more of an idea on what you want to do.

Will do!! I was just unsure because i had heard that my A level combination does not meet degree requirements
Original post by Should
Will do!! I was just unsure because i had heard that my A level combination does not meet degree requirements

For what? I do biology, geography and RS and I am applying for biology at uni, I had some of those concerns as well but there are almost certainly courses that you can do. There is also the option of doing a foundation year if it turns out they don't quite meet requirements.

Quick Reply

Latest