The Student Room Group

gcses

how can i learn topics by myself? my school goes through the gcse course quite slowly and i'm too scared that we won't have enough time to cover it all. this year i had to learn new topics by myself as i was constantly moving up sets and found it hard to keep up

(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Randommmm123
how can i learn topics by myself? my school goes through the gcse course quite slowly and i'm too scared that we won't have enough time to cover it all. this year i had to learn new topics by myself as i was constantly moving up sets and found it hard to keep up

Hi!
At my school, I seemed to find the same problem with my Science lessons. We were getting through it very slowly and not in much detail. As well as this, a lot of the class seemed to not be concentrating making the process even longer.
What I did was I bought some science revision guides and textbooks and then bought a folder. From there, I started making my own science revision notes and filing them in my folder. This really helped me and kept me in the top of the class. By buying textbooks, it gives you a lot of information on what you need to do for the class. I used CGP textbooks because they are really helpful!
Let me know if this helps you! Good luck! :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Randommmm123

the advice above is really good, there are several sources out there like Physics and Maths Tutor / Save My Exams - that have notes, free science lessons / science with hazel are channels on youtube which you can watch if you prefer it that way, like mentioned before cgp books are really helpful, I finished my gcses this year and they were really useful to learn topics
Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest