The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I have an interview at York St John on the 16th Dec.

Anyone else?

Ps for lower primary
Reply 2362
Hi
Im new to TSR
Im currently applying for PGCE Primary.
I havent completed my PS yet, is that something to worry about at this stage?
Further im hoping to stay/applying to universities in and around Manchester.
Im into my 3/15 days in a Salford Primary school (High number of SENs)

So yeah, thats me and my ice breaker done. Any advice would be helpful

Thanks Subz:smile::biggrin:
Original post by Subz93
Hi
Im new to TSR

I think Primary is quite competitive so you should be worried. I am on Secondary shortage subject which is less competitive and my PS is already done.
Do you receive an email from UCAS to say your referees have received the request? I haven't received anything!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Smartypantsj
Do you receive an email from UCAS to say your referees have received the request? I haven't received anything!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not to say that they have received it, but you will get one to say that they have accepted it and then another to say that they have completed it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Subz93
Hi
Im new to TSR

Get that personal statement done asap before Thursday :smile:
Hi,

I'm just popping in to say hello and join the frustration. I am applying for a PGCE Primary and am awaiting my second reference. I completed UCAS on 22nd Nov and my 1st reference was completed by my university tutor within an hour of sending it. I now feel like I am hounding the primary school where I volunteer for a reference but I am just worried that I will lose out on interviews despite applying straight away. I just want to get my application paid and sent and then I can stop fretting.
Original post by bumpadaisy
Hi,

I'm just popping in to say hello and join the frustration. I am applying for a PGCE Primary and am awaiting my second reference. I completed UCAS on 22nd Nov and my 1st reference was completed by my university tutor within an hour of sending it. I now feel like I am hounding the primary school where I volunteer for a reference but I am just worried that I will lose out on interviews despite applying straight away. I just want to get my application paid and sent and then I can stop fretting.

Sucks but apparently even if you do your best you can still be left behind. The current system is not fair.
Hi,

try not to be disheartened or frustrated. I know it's easier said than done, but at the end of the day, they are doing you a favour. They don't have to write you a reference :smile: however in know a lot of people know how you feel. But if you sent it to them on the 22nd that's a friday

then it's the weekend, so the school won't be on emails (well it's unlikely) then it's five more working days, so In theory, it's only the 6th working day realistically , so try not to worry. They will get round to it when they can. Courseshave to stay open for apps for a minimum of 2 weeks anyway, so try not to worry. It will all work out.

Sorry if that seemed harsh, was not intentional.
Reply 2370
Original post by blondie23456
I have an interview at York St John on the 16th Dec.

Anyone else?

Ps for lower primary

Same here! Did you get an article about teaching as a masters subject as an attachment in your email? It didn't say anything about it in the email or on the website, so I emailed them and they said they've decided to drop the written test from the interview! Incase you were wondering too :smile:
In regard to the '40 days'

Is that the time in which they have to interview you and make a decision or is that just 40 days to decide whether or not to interview and then another time frame begins when you have been interviewed?
Original post by xxstace123xx
In regard to the '40 days'

Is that the time in which they have to interview you and make a decision or is that just 40 days to decide whether or not to interview and then another time frame begins when you have been interviewed?

From what I understand everything should be done within this period, that's how I interpret it anyway
Original post by jeffercake
Thank you everyone :smile:

It was actually very easy.... No stress at all! I'm pretty sure I only got about 3 wrong altogether on the numeracy one. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done you! I passed my lit today and have numeracy tomorrow, I hope nerves don't get the better of me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was told at an open day that they have to have interviewed and made decisions by the 40 day deadline.

I know the schools are busy and I am greatful that they are even letting me volunteer. I just want to know that they are willing to even give me a reference as I have my previous employer on standby to give me a reference if the school haven't got time. My employer would be a better reference anyway in my opinion as I have worked for them over a year and spent 4 years training with them in my previous profession. I only asked the school as I was told that I had to have my uni tutor and the school as references.
Reply 2375
First reference in, second one (and unfortunately it's my primary reference!) is struggling with accessing the UCAS site to submit her reference. If it's not one thing, it's another...! Really hoping she can access it from the school computer today...

Anyone else's referees had a problem accessing the site?
Original post by LAEVIE
Same here! Did you get an article about teaching as a masters subject as an attachment in your email? It didn't say anything about it in the email or on the website, so I emailed them and they said they've decided to drop the written test from the interview! Incase you were wondering too :smile:

Hello,

NoI didn't have any attachments in my email? I'm confused.. so its just the interview and the 8 minute lesson?
I was told at an open day that they have to have interviewed and made decisions by the 40 day deadline.

I know the schools are busy and I am greatful that they are even letting me volunteer. I just want to know that they are willing to even give me a reference as I have my previous employer on standby to give me a reference if the school haven't got time. My employer would be a better reference anyway in my opinion as I have worked for them over a year and spent 4 years training with them in my previous profession. I only asked the school as I was told that I had to have my uni tutor and the school as references.

That doesn't give them long to interview. sunderland uni haven't even arranged interviews yet and they told me some time in Jan. But if you go by 40 day rule I should of had an interview by then? As far as I'm aware they just have to let you know if you have an interview by 40 days
Reply 2378
Original post by blondie23456
Hello,

NoI didn't have any attachments in my email? I'm confused.. so its just the interview and the 8 minute lesson?

Yeah that's what he said to me! They sent me the attachment by accident because it used to be part of their interview process.
Interview at Winchester for the 11th!
Just waiting to hear back from St Mary's now :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending