The Student Room Group

PGCE - Biology Interview

Hello,

I’ve got an interview next week and I’m extremely comfortable with the task I’ve been given the topic for.

But can anyone help me the written assessments, what are they consisting of? What if I cannot yet answer them? Or are the questions asked off the back of reading articles etc.

I’d appreciate any advice on the subject knowledge written assessment and also the general profession written assessment.

thank you
Reply 1
Hiya! Which university did you apply for?
Reply 2
Original post by jdeantzx
Hiya! Which university did you apply for?

Thank you for the reply, it’s a NIOT school Academy that are running the PGCE. X
Reply 3
Original post by Haz1772
Thank you for the reply, it’s a NIOT school Academy that are running the PGCE. X

I’ve just looked at the whole application again and the PGCE is accredited by the University of Birmingham🙂
Reply 4
Original post by Haz1772

Cool! Have they given you a prompt or anything for the written assessment? Some universities give you questions to answer before hand some will email you the task. I’d recommend if it was subject specific just to answer clearly and concisely. If you don’t know the topic well then make an educated guess. Most universities want to know how you explain something, ie your thought process, if you can you put across your idea well. If it’s to do with general profession then just answer honestly, but try to avoid strong views on politics or religion.
Reply 5
Original post by jdeantzx
Cool! Have they given you a prompt or anything for the written assessment? Some universities give you questions to answer before hand some will email you the task. I’d recommend if it was subject specific just to answer clearly and concisely. If you don’t know the topic well then make an educated guess. Most universities want to know how you explain something, ie your thought process, if you can you put across your idea well. If it’s to do with general profession then just answer honestly, but try to avoid strong views on politics or religion.

They have just said, there will be one general profession task and one subject knowledge task but can’t find out what it is until the day, I’m hoping it’s read an article and explain or multiple choice maybe 🤔
Reply 6
I wouldn’t worry then. Just read up around the issues currently faced in education and the subject knowledge will just be a test of how you communicate. Hard to say if they don’t give you much more information. I’m not sure it’ll be multiple choice though. Good luck! I hope it goes well. Let us know how it goes though!
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending