Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ULawAJ)
    I haven't heard yet. Not expecting much though as their application form was a pain in the arse.
    Ha! I thought the word limit was pretty harsh! When did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zenstars)
    Offer from Slaughters!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cp778)
    Ha! I thought the word limit was pretty harsh! When did you apply?
    It was so harsh, and the guidance from their head of grad recruitment says 'try and write more than 3 or 4 sentences.' In 60 words?!

I applied beginning of January.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard yet. Not expecting much though as their application form was a pain in the arse.
    it was certainly different !! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    It was so harsh, and the guidance from their head of grad recruitment says 'try and write more than 3 or 4 sentences.' In 60 words?!

I applied beginning of January.
    I know!! How did you tackle the "summarise what makes withers stand out"? In 60 words? Feel free to PM me if you'd prefer (:

I applied early Jan too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cp778)
    I know!! How did you tackle the "summarise what makes withers stand out"? In 60 words? Feel free to PM me if you'd prefer (:

I applied early Jan too
    Deadline is over so I guess it doesn't matter if people know what I've put it wasn't a great answer because there wasn't enough room for much detail. I wrote about the international scope of the work coupled with a client led expansion approach.

Ugh looking at it now it just isn't very good.

ReputationRep:
    Baker & Mckenzie situational judgement test invite, not sure if this is given to everyone?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I saw their application and thought wtf

ReputationRep:
    Deadline is over so I guess it doesn't matter if people know what I've put it wasn't a great answer because there wasn't enough room for much detail. I wrote about the international scope of the work coupled with a client led expansion approach.

Ugh looking at it now it just isn't very good.
    That sounds similar to what I did - did you tie is back to yourself? I literally just gave an overview of 3 points I felt made them stand out - so difficult to elaborate on anything.

I'm sure your answer is ace!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zenstars)
    Offer from Slaughters!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congratulations, great firm! Did you hear back from Ashurst?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cp778)
    That sounds similar to what I did - did you tie is back to yourself? I literally just gave an overview of 3 points I felt made them stand out - so difficult to elaborate on anything.

I'm sure your answer is ace!

No I didn't tie it back to myself at all, I think when the world limit is that strict you just have to answer the question and not read other aspects into it. Who knows though

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from DLA today? I am assuming a silent PFO now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MonkeymanC3)
    Hi there!

My deadline is 11th Feb.

That's great advice, thanks! Can you recall how long you have to reply? I had one which was 2 minutes and another which was only 1 minute - makes all the difference in terms of pressure.
    Thank you for letting me know! Not heard of anyone hearing post-interview so maybe they respond after everyone has completed it? Who knows!

It is 1 minute yes- I found that a real shock as my other was 2 and like you said it makes a difference. Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from Irwin Mitchell post video interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JKRP11)
    Hi guys, new to this thread. I've got an interview with Davis Polk next Monday. Has anybody ever had an insight or open day there before and able to tell me a bit about your experience of the firm? Would be hugely appreciated ! Thanks, James.
    Went to an open day at the firm a few weeks ago - was unfortunately rejected for the vac scheme, so well done!

Everyone was lovely, make sure you know that the firm is essentially a M&A/Capital Markets firm. I'm sure you'll be fine with all the general stuff, but they are looking for self-starters and people who know the direction that they want to take their career.

ReputationRep:
    TC at Links!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by givemegoodnews)
    TC at Links!
    Huge - congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    TC at Links!
    Fantastic news! What a great start to your weekend

ReputationRep:
    TC at Links!
    Congratulations!!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from Gateley, Squires, TLT, AG or Clyde and Co? Manchester office?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.