The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2580
Hi

Did you have to do a SJT test as part of eversheds application process :smile:

QUOTE=Chrisjones123;53556917]Me too!

Any ideas on prep for eversheds interview guys?

Any ideas what they will ask?
Nope not as of yet :smile:
PFO from HFW today (post assessment day).

Anyone heard from Withers or Bircham Dyson Bell?

Got an email from Reed Smith (after nearly a month) saying they're still reviewing my application...
(edited 9 years ago)
Anyone else get the really obscure email from Reed Smith? I didn't send them anything

"Due to the large number of applications we have received this year, your application is still in the process of being reviewed. We aim to come back to you with a decision within the next two weeks.

Thank you for your patience and interest in Reed Smith.

Kind regards

RS Graduate Recruitment Team"
Original post by matic
Yo all, applied to Macf, A&O, and Charles Russell Speechlys. Had interview at A&O last week, one with Macf in a few weeks but am yet to hear from CRS. Anyone heard from them yet? Best,

I'm still waiting on CRS. Wonder why they are taking so long...
Original post by Omiclops
Anyone else get the really obscure email from Reed Smith? I didn't send them anything

"Due to the large number of applications we have received this year, your application is still in the process of being reviewed. We aim to come back to you with a decision within the next two weeks.

Thank you for your patience and interest in Reed Smith.

Kind regards

RS Graduate Recruitment Team"

Yep I got that today!
Original post by Toasty199
Yep I got that today!

Have rejections gone out to people yet? if so, it must mean we're in the maybe pile!
Original post by pp93
I applied mid-Jan and got my invite less than 24 hours later. All their A/Cs are this month so I imagine they have quite a few dates left. All the best!

Thank you, you too!
Original post by Able star
I got a PFO from Fieldfisher as well. I really want to know what this objective criteria is because I thought it was my best application. Maybe I could have included more of the firm's cases but there's only so much you can include in 250 words.

Ditto! Felt mine was quite detailed as well but since the assessors are partners and senior associates I guess that it is fair since it is up to them to make the decision sooner or later, subjective as it may be.
(edited 9 years ago)
Have rejections gone out to people yet? if so, it must mean we're in the maybe pile!

No idea. Here's hoping!
Original post by liarpoker
Baker and Mckenzie SJT is horrific.

Eeek I was just invited to take this, really worried as I didn't pass the benchmark on the HSF one...may I ask if you used anything to practise/ have any tips?
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows what factors firms consider in determining whether an applicant makes it from first interview to AC.
Is it based on the interview alone or do they review it in conjunction with the paper app?
Thanks
Original post by Toasty199
PFO from HFW today (post

good luck on your other apps

What was your application timeline like?
(edited 9 years ago)
Did my dentons watson-glaiser test yesterday and received a rejection within 5 hours... looks like i'm really really bad at them haha
DWF anyone?
Reply 2595
I'm still waiting on CRS. Wonder why they are taking so long...

End of Dec. So hopefully you'll have some good news soon
Original post by pink_floyd
Eeek I was just invited to take this, really worried as I didn't pass the benchmark on the HSF one...may I ask if you used anything to practise/ have any tips?

It will probably help to scan B&M's website in great detail/note down the competencies that they look for - Don't lose sight of the role of a trainee.

Probably best to go with your first instinct. Have the mindset of not trying to do too much as a trainee or too little. Try to find that balance when answering. There are some questions which are quite obviously outside the remit of a trainee, i.e attempting to delegate to others.
Original post by 123_maggie
DWF anyone?

Did my video interview last night so just waiting now
Baker & Mckenzie telephone interview, process seems to move quickly once they start!
Original post by liarpoker
Baker & Mckenzie telephone interview, process seems to move quickly once they start!

That's good to hear! Out of curiosity, when did you submit your application? I submitted mine on the 17th of Jan and have not heard anything

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending