Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent Freshers 2011-2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2940
Original post by Scorpio2211
It could depend on the number of applicants for the course- if they are trying to fill the places up they may offer unconditionals out early or something :smile:

Just spoken to my friend (and another who has recieved an unconditional) It was BTECs that they took. So probably they get published to the Unis early? :smile:
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Raguman
Just spoken to my friend (and another who has recieved an unconditional) It was BTECs that they took. So probably they get published to the Unis early? :smile:

yeah i got my unconditional this morning/last night from NTU, and my insurance did it a few weeks ago woo!
Reply 2942
I waited wayy too late for accomodation anyone in or know anyone in elmhouse... or even where the hell it is! argh lol.
Anyone got their welcome packs through yet?! x
Reply 2944
Original post by Tally DeBenedictis
Anyone got their welcome packs through yet?! x

welcome packs??? oooh what do we get?
Original post by ~carly~
welcome packs??? oooh what do we get?

I don't know yet :P Nothing too exciting i don't think :P
I think the welcome packs are sent out early september, at least the Welcome Week page on the ntu website says thats when the welcome week guides are sent out.

I've hardly received anything from the uni through the post to be honest... had a couple of emails confirming accommodation bookings and such, but thats about it.

Managed to enrol online today after getting my unconditional last week, and my AS12 ucas letter today :smile:
Reply 2947
How come people have their unconditionals already? I didn't think we found out till results day?
Original post by Raguman
How come people have their unconditionals already? I didn't think we found out till results day?

I got mine as I'm not an a-level student, I'm an oldie mature student, did an access course and got my results about three weeks ago :smile:

So at least Access courses and BTECs are getting theirs at the mo.
Reply 2949
Original post by disposablesteve
I got mine as I'm not an a-level student, I'm an oldie mature student, did an access course and got my results about three weeks ago :smile:

Ah that clears things up a bit, thanks :smile:
Does anyone know if/when we will be contacted regarding payment of course fees? I've got my accommodation payment sorted out however I cannot recall if Nottingham Trent has also sorted out the payment of the course fee. Any suggestions? Thanks :smile:
Original post by michaelmcpheat
Does anyone know if/when we will be contacted regarding payment of course fees? I've got my accommodation payment sorted out however I cannot recall if Nottingham Trent has also sorted out the payment of the course fee. Any suggestions? Thanks :smile:

As far as I know, its when you enrol.

Once your offer is unconditional, you can login to myNTU (or the same place on the website where you arrange your accommodation payments anyway) and fill out some enrolment details, including what type of student finance you're going to recieve to cover your tuition fees. Then, once you arrive at the university you'll show somebody your paperwork from Student Finance and its all done.

At least I'm presuming thats how it works, this is all new to me :tongue: and obviously might be completely different if you're paying your fees yourself or are an international student, etc.
Reply 2952

Hi,

Maybe you can give me some reassurance!! I have also completed an access to HE, which i had received my transcript of results on Monday, and sent results previously to the uni, as i had my front sheets etc. but i have not had any unconditional offer, i am hoping in the next few days it might be updated, just hoping i dont have to wait till the 18th, i know im being impatient but its driving me mad.

How long did they take to update yours and what course are you doing?

Thanks
Reply 2953
As far as I know, its when you enrol.

Once your offer is unconditional, you can login to myNTU (or the same place on the website where you arrange your accommodation payments anyway) and fill out some enrolment details, including what type of student finance you're going to recieve to cover your tuition fees. Then, once you arrive at the university you'll show somebody your paperwork from Student Finance and its all done.

At least I'm presuming thats how it works, this is all new to me :tongue: and obviously might be completely different if you're paying your fees yourself or are an international student, etc.

Also, when you enrol on the myNTU bit is the accommodation payments going to show only university owned accomm? Im going to be staying in Private halls?
:smile:
Original post by ~carly~
Hi,

Maybe you can give me some reassurance!! I have also completed an access to HE, which i had received my transcript of results on Monday, and sent results previously to the uni, as i had my front sheets etc. but i have not had any unconditional offer, i am hoping in the next few days it might be updated, just hoping i dont have to wait till the 18th, i know im being impatient but its driving me mad.

How long did they take to update yours and what course are you doing?

Thanks

Heya :smile: Yeah it took a while for mine to change, and I didnt receive any emails or anything from NTU at all really, had to just keep checking for myself.

I advise phoning the admissions dept, they're really helpful. It was a full week between them receiving my results in the post to them changing my offer, I rang the admissions dept a few times and they helped to flag my details so that it got dealt with, hehe. Literally other than that i just checked UCAS Track every day, and one day it was 'unconditional'.

Theres also something about a '48 hour offer window' in which you have to log on and agree to the terms and conditions within 48 hours of getting your uncinditional. I never got any email about it once that happened, but i logged on and did it all straight away anyway.

Also, if you're living in private halls you'll have to sort everything out with that company not the uni, once you get access to all the options on myNTU theres an option somewhere to tell the uni that you're not staying in uni accommodation.

Hope that helps :smile: I'm doing BSc Computer Science (Games Technology) and I cant wait :biggrin:
Original post by ~carly~
Also, when you enrol on the myNTU bit is the accommodation payments going to show only university owned accomm? Im going to be staying in Private halls?
:smile:

Which private Halls? Some may show up if I remember correctly :smile:
Gill Street Block G here...Anyone else?
Reply 2957
Heya :smile: Yeah it took a while for mine to change, and I didnt receive any emails or anything from NTU at all really, had to just keep checking for myself.

I advise phoning the admissions dept, they're really helpful. It was a full week between them receiving my results in the post to them changing my offer, I rang the admissions dept a few times and they helped to flag my details so that it got dealt with, hehe. Literally other than that i just checked UCAS Track every day, and one day it was 'unconditional'.

Theres also something about a '48 hour offer window' in which you have to log on and agree to the terms and conditions within 48 hours of getting your uncinditional. I never got any email about it once that happened, but i logged on and did it all straight away anyway.

Also, if you're living in private halls you'll have to sort everything out with that company not the uni, once you get access to all the options on myNTU theres an option somewhere to tell the uni that you're not staying in uni accommodation.

Hope that helps :smile: I'm doing BSc Computer Science (Games Technology) and I cant wait :biggrin:

Hey,

Thank you for your reply, i have just rang the uni and they had not received my transcript yet! so i have emailed it to admissions and they asked for other bits so now i will wait and see :smile:

Whats this about the 48 hours thing? slightly concerning! i think i will have to start checking that more often! i did have it set up to send me an email if there is anything updated, but that didnt seem to work!

Hopefully this might be straight forward now!
And im living in goldsmith court.

Thank you again.
Carly
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2958
Original post by Scorpio2211
Which private Halls? Some may show up if I remember correctly :smile:

Goldsmith Court :smile:
Original post by ~carly~
Goldsmith Court :smile:

Then yes you'll have to check with them manually how you are going to pay the accommodation fee :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending