The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Should I transfer universities for second year?

First year was quite disappointing to me and I would be living far away from my uni since its based in Manchester, in second year housing and its not the best commuting wise and I feel I could do the same with NTU but live at home and save money. I haven't found my people here, everyones really distant, I don't drink or go clubbing often and I do like the city but rarely enjoy it because it is so expensive, second year will be much worse and I'm wondering if I should just enjoy the comfort of home, both are ranked quite equally for the course I am taking. I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar experience? Did anyone regret leaving or should I just make the leap?
Hey, im considering transferring back home for 2nd year as well. Same reasons as you. Im gonna go ahead and do it. Did you end up doing it?
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
First year was quite disappointing to me and I would be living far away from my uni since its based in Manchester, in second year housing and its not the best commuting wise and I feel I could do the same with NTU but live at home and save money. I haven't found my people here, everyones really distant, I don't drink or go clubbing often and I do like the city but rarely enjoy it because it is so expensive, second year will be much worse and I'm wondering if I should just enjoy the comfort of home, both are ranked quite equally for the course I am taking. I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar experience? Did anyone regret leaving or should I just make the leap?

Hey 👋

Commuting to NTU is a great option to consider if you'd like to save money and still have a great student experience. Nottingham's got lots of alternative activities to get involved in both within the Nottingham Trent Students' Union and around the city if drinking or clubbing isn't your thing 🙂

If you're interested in transferring, you can apply to transfer to NTU by submitting a UCAS application. You'll just need to select the ‘point of entry’ option on your UCAS application.

Once we receive your application, we will ask for a breakdown of the modules you have already studied. These will be assessed by an academic for content and compatibility. They will then determine if you are suitable for advanced entry or if we can make you an offer to start in year 1.

If you have application-specific questions, you give us a call on +44 (0)115 848 4200 to speak to one of our advisers or use our enquiry form and we'll get back to you as soon as possible 🙂

Hope that helps! Best of luck with your decision 🤞

Best wishes,
Gurpreet - NTU Rep
Original post by Kdkdkdkek
Hey, im considering transferring back home for 2nd year as well. Same reasons as you. Im gonna go ahead and do it. Did you end up doing it?

Still mulling it over!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending