The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent University (NTU) applicants thread 2024

Hi everyone 👋

If you're thinking about applying to Nottingham Trent University (NTU) for 2024 entry, then this is the thread for you.

If you've got any questions, or want to meet other NTU applicants, let us know by answering the below:

Which course are you interested in?
Undergraduate/postgraduate study?
Are you coming to an open day?*
Any questions for NTU?

Nothing beats seeing us in person we’re hosting a series of Open Days to allow you to see for yourself what makes life and learning at NTU so special. We're holding open days for undergraduate students interested in applying to join NTU on:

Saturday 2 December 2023

Saturday 20 January 2024

Saturday 23 March 2024

Saturday 27 April 2024

Book your place

Good luck with your application, and thanks for considering NTU!

Jess NTU Rep
(edited 5 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

Welcome to the official Nottingham Trent University Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to Nottingham Trent University.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Hello,

Has anyone applied for PhD studentship at the NTU?
Reply 3
hey, ive got a question for any ntu primary teaching (QTS) students:
ive seen online that it’s a 4 year course and i was just wondering why it’s 4 years compared to all the other unis I’ve seen which have it as a 3 year course, like how they justify and extra year of tuition
Reply 4
Daughters applying for next year Zoo biology, brackenhurst campus (was at open day last week). She is on a gap year and has her results.
Reply 5
Daughter is on gap year and applying for Zoo Biology for next year. We went to open day last week. Shes feeling a lot more better about starting uni, as she was at Reading last month and got homesick, so although NTU is still 40 mins drive from us, it is reachable. She plans to be at halls weekdays and back home at the weekends and she feels much better knowing she can see us when she wants to. She has got the advertised entrance grades and done the extra curriculars so shes hoping a gap year (shes working atm and will be doing online learning to keep her biology topped up) is not going to pose a problem getting a place.
Original post by Ghostlady
Daughter is on gap year and applying for Zoo Biology for next year. We went to open day last week. Shes feeling a lot more better about starting uni, as she was at Reading last month and got homesick, so although NTU is still 40 mins drive from us, it is reachable. She plans to be at halls weekdays and back home at the weekends and she feels much better knowing she can see us when she wants to. She has got the advertised entrance grades and done the extra curriculars so shes hoping a gap year (shes working atm and will be doing online learning to keep her biology topped up) is not going to pose a problem getting a place.

Hi @Ghostlady, it's great to hear that you visited our open day last week and we hope to welcome your daughter to NTU next year! If you have any questions at all about life at NTU, just let us know :smile:

Sammie - NTU Rep
Original post by charves14
hey, ive got a question for any ntu primary teaching (QTS) students:
ive seen online that it’s a 4 year course and i was just wondering why it’s 4 years compared to all the other unis I’ve seen which have it as a 3 year course, like how they justify and extra year of tuition

Hi @charves14, At NTU, you’ll not just learn how to be a teacher, you’ll become one. On our four-year BA (Hons) Primary Education course, you’ll have the time to really get to grips with the curriculum and understand how to meet the diverse needs of learners. You'll spend at least 160 days in school and your placements will range from five to eight weeks. You’ll graduate with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) ready to start your career as a confident and innovative teacher with the skills and experience demanded by schools.

You can connect with current BA Primary Education students on Unibuddy to find out more about their experience on the course first hand, as well as members of staff from the department. If you did want to find out more about the course and get a taste of what to expect at NTU, you can visit us at one of our upcoming open days. Our next dates are:

- Saturday 4 November 2023
- Saturday 2 December 2023
- Saturday 20 January 2024

Thanks,
Sammie - NTU Rep
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi everyone 👋

If you're thinking about applying to Nottingham Trent University (NTU) for 2024 entry, then this is the thread for you.

If you've got any questions, or want to meet other NTU applicants, let us know by answering the below:

Any questions for NTU?

Nothing beats seeing us in person we’re hosting a series of Open Days to allow you to see for yourself what makes life and learning at NTU so special. We're holding open days for undergraduate students interested in applying to join NTU on:

Saturday 14 October 2023

Saturday 4 November 2023

Saturday 2 December 2023

Saturday 20 January 2024

Book your place

Jess NTU Rep

Got an offer last friday for Comp Sci with Foundation year which was a definite and welcome surprise! especially this early.
Original post by LunaB
Got an offer last friday for Comp Sci with Foundation year which was a definite and welcome surprise! especially this early.

Congratulations on your offer @LunaB! We hope to welcome you to NTU soon :smile:

If you haven't already paid us a visit, you can book on to one of our upcoming open days to explore your future campus, chat to students and staff and get a taste of your course!

We're here to help if you have any questions at all :smile:

Sammie - NTU Rep
Hi everyone 👋

Any questions for NTU?

Saturday 2 December 2023

Saturday 20 January 2024

Saturday 23 March 2024

Saturday 27 April 2024

Book your place

Jess NTU Rep

hiya ive just come across this thread because ive just checked out the english language and linguistics course and it looks pretty convincing :smile:!
Hi everyone 👋

Any questions for NTU?

Saturday 2 December 2023

Saturday 20 January 2024

Saturday 23 March 2024

Saturday 27 April 2024

Book your place

Jess NTU Rep

Hi my YP is applying for the business management and entrepreneurship course.

I would like to understand the type of project required in year 4. I've read somewhere it's more theoretical rather than a practical aspect which I feel is required for such a course.

Also looking for other student accommodation options (seen the website) that is walkable to the city campus.

Regards
Original post by emm4nuella
hiya ive just come across this thread because ive just checked out the english language and linguistics course and it looks pretty convincing :smile:!

Hey @emm4nuella! Great to see you're interested in our English Language and Linguistics course. Have you visited NTU at an open day yet? It's such a great way to get a taste of the course you're thinking of applying to, talking to current students and staff and exploring the campus you'd be studying on. Our next date is Saturday 2 December, and we also have another on Saturday 20 January ahead of the UCAS deadline 🙂 You can find out more info and book here: Open days and events | Nottingham Trent University

Let me know if you have any questions at all, we're here to help 🙂

Thanks,
Sammie - NTU Rep
Original post by Anonymous #2
Hi my YP is applying for the business management and entrepreneurship course.

I would like to understand the type of project required in year 4. I've read somewhere it's more theoretical rather than a practical aspect which I feel is required for such a course.

Also looking for other student accommodation options (seen the website) that is walkable to the city campus.

Regards

Hi there, thank you for your questions.

We have two options for final year projects for the BA (Hons) Business Management and Entrepreneurship course. One would be an in-depth research project, the other is a live consultancy experience, so our students would work directly with a business and practically apply what they have learnt during their studies to a business challenge. You can find more information about the modules on our course page here: Business Management and Entrepreneurship BA (Hons) Undergraduate Course | Nottingham Trent University

Your YP will have lots of opportunities to personalise how they study throughout their time at NTU students can take part in business competitions, challenges and activities that they are interested in as a future career. You may also be interested in NTU Student Enterprise. It’s a programme of support for students to develop their entrepreneurial mindset, learn new skills, or to develop and launch their own business ideas: Student Enterprise | Nottingham Trent University

The best way for your YP to find out more about their future course is to attend one of our upcoming open events and have a chat to our course team and current students at NTU to get a taste for the course, find out more about the projects our students have worked on and discover our campus and facilities. Our next open day dates are on Saturday 2 December 2023 and Saturday 20 January 2024. You can book your place here and find out information about our travel discounts too: Open days and events | Nottingham Trent University

Many of our NTU and partner owned accommodation options are either on or very close to our City Campus. The closet are Byron, Gill Street North, Gill Street South, Hampden and Sandby, and are just a few minutes walk to our main university buildings. You can see a full list of accommodation available and distance to campus on our website here 🙂 https://www.ntu.ac.uk/life-at-ntu/accommodation/find-ntu-accommodation You can also speak to our friendly accommodation team via email at [email protected] or give them a call on +44 (0)115 848 2894 to answer any other questions you have.

Thanks
Sammie - NTU Rep
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 14
I've been given a conditional for software engineering with a foundation year. And I've researched the area and accommodations, it looks great. The accommodations prices for last year looks affordable, however the 24/25 costs haven't been updated yet so I'm waiting for an update on them. I wanted to ask is anyone else coming alone as well? None of my friends seem to want to come here. Is it easy to make friends?
Reply 15
Original post by Inspxcter
I've been given a conditional for software engineering with a foundation year. And I've researched the area and accommodations, it looks great. The accommodations prices for last year looks affordable, however the 24/25 costs haven't been updated yet so I'm waiting for an update on them. I wanted to ask is anyone else coming alone as well? None of my friends seem to want to come here. Is it easy to make friends?

Sounds like we will be on the same course for a couple years I’m on the Computer Science foundation year.

I’m coming alone too would love to meet some people going on to the same course.
Reply 16
Original post by LunaB
Sounds like we will be on the same course for a couple years I’m on the Computer Science foundation year.

I’m coming alone too would love to meet some people going on to the same course.

I never knew that, both software engineering and computer science have the same modules for a couple of years. It's great to know that others are coming too by themselves.

I'm looking forwards to meeting you and others on the course. :smile:
Hi @Inspxcter

Congratulations on your offer to study at NTU! There will be a lot of people in the same position and coming on their own (I know the feeling!) There are loads of opportunities to make new friends here, whether that's in your student accommodation, course or through extra-curricular activities. We have over 100 societies that you can choose from to join and meet like-minded people, as well as opportunities to get involved with NTU Sport and NTU Music. Take a look at our life at NTU web page to find out more info 🙂

Sammie - NTU rep
Daughter got the offer for zoo biology and has accepted it. (got the grades as on gap year)
Original post by Ghostlady
Daughter got the offer for zoo biology and has accepted it. (got the grades as on gap year)

That's great news! We can't wait to welcome her to NTU 😀 She will have been sent information via email about when to book accommodation, student support and fees and funding, but if you have any questions at all, we're here to help! 🙂

Sammie - NTU Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending