Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nat_Griffiths
heard= known

Only realised I had typed the wrong word after posting! lol

you can click edit on the post to change it :h:
Aah thanks. I'll remember that for next time. ^^
Original post by Nat_Griffiths
Aah thanks. I'll remember that for next time. ^^

no problem :smile: and if you want to make sure a specific person sees your post .. you should quote their post :h:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Red Fox
Haha maybe:tongue: Apparently we (Coventry) sound like posh brummies.

My cousin lives in Cov, and the rest of my family comes from Birmingham and yup, I'd say that's about right :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3024
Original post by Ani97
You obviously have no clue about spelling!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote "cinemar" because that is how a lot of the people I know pronounce it -__-
Original post by Molly_xox
My cousin lives in Cov, and the rest of my family comes from Birmingham and yup, I'd say that's about right :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Damn:biggrin: I though we had more of an East Midlands accent like Notts.
I hate it when you don't want to tell someone your grade and they automatically assume that it was a bad grade.
Reply 3027
Original post by FadingAway
I hate it when you don't want to tell someone your grade and they automatically assume that it was a bad grade.

exactly!!! so how do i not tell anyone without them thinking i've failed?:confused:
Original post by B14984
exactly!!! so how do i not tell anyone without them thinking i've failed?:confused:

Run!
whilst people have been talking about worst case scenarios .... mine is nothing to do with my results exactly but more if I get Good/REALLY good results and then I talk to someone I expected to do well and get an A8 etc but they got like a C/B and are really unhappy and then they ask what you got :s-smilie: :s-smilie:

that's my worst case scenario :lol: hope it doesn't happen :crossedf:
Reply 3030
Original post by Red Fox
Run!

:ahhhhh:
Original post by techno836
whilst people have been talking about worst case scenarios .... mine is nothing to do with my results exactly but more if I get Good/REALLY good results and then I talk to someone I expected to do well and get an A8 etc but they got like a C/B and are really unhappy and then they ask what you got :s-smilie: :s-smilie:

that's my worst case scenario :lol: hope it doesn't happen :crossedf:

I don't really wanna tell people my results if I do really well because of fear of sounding cocky.
Original post by Red Fox
I don't really wanna tell people my results if I do really well because of fear of sounding cocky.

I don't see why it's a problem, it's how you say it.

I'm gonna say (if I get good grades)

"Some good grades. I'm really happy actually, glad it's all over now..."

Then if they ask specifics:

"ummm, I passed them all, and I.got (list subjects with no A*) and A*s in the others"
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I don't see why it's a problem, it's how you say it.

I'm gonna say (if I get good grades)

"Some good grades. I'm really happy actually, glad it's all over now..."

Then if they ask specifics:

"ummm, I passed them all, and I.got (list subjects with no A*) and A*s in the others"
True, but I'll probably just forget that and sound arrogant. There is no way to say I got x amount of A*s and sound modest.
Original post by Red Fox
True, but I'll probably just forget that and sound arrogant. There is no way to say I got x amount of A*s and sound modest.

My favourite way so far was a friend of mine a couple of years back who posted on Facebook:

"Only managed one A at GCSE." (this was his status)

After a few stunned replies, he commented: "The rest were A*s!"
Original post by Red Fox

Haha yeah I understand :L I just don't want to make them feel worse :smile:
Original post by Red Fox

Don't say a number :tongue: thats the trick

The rest A*s
All A*s
A few A*s
A nice amount of...

Etc
In Northern Ireland we say both, personally I'm more interested in what I do in the cinema/ pictures. :lol:
I'm just waiting for the Additional Maths boundaries.
Night :biggrin: its 8 days tomorrow :biggrin:

Latest