The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WelshBluebird
Is it weird that I got a promotion in work today, but I am feeling really strange about it cos part of me feels like I don't deserve it? Like I don't understand why anyone would promote me? Grr I just wish I had more confidence.

I know, but I was pretty tired so just wanted to turn the laptop off haha. Cheers though :smile:.

And cheers I hope so! Just hope it's not too long away :frown:.

Yay! :congrats: You shouldn't feel like that though, of course you deserve it! They wouldn't give it to you otherwise :tongue: I do know what you mean though, I've had similar in the past and it was weird, part of me was pleased of course but a much bigger part said I didn't deserve it, there'd been a mistake, I should give it to my friend instead etc :s-smilie:

Fair enough! I was too but couldn't switch off, so it was quite good to talk to people/make me think about something else for a while instead :smile:

Hopefully not! :hugs:

--------
Gone ridiculously hyper for some reason, I keep sending really long, non-sensical messages to people and saying things to my family and they're just like :lolwut: On the one hand it's fun while it lasts, on the other hand I'm tired and need to sleep and I know that the more hyper I go now, the worse I'll feel tomorrow and there's things I need to get done so I need to calm down a bit. Also typing about triple speed which is a bit weird :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
One 30mg codeine has just knocked me right back, feel red hit flushed and dizzy/nauseous. Is that meant to happen?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Paranoi has kicked in over my ****ing medication. This is new, im scared and dont know what to do.
Im pretty sure the psych is trying to harm me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Found a feally good job that i think id love but scared to apply for :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do it! You don't know unless you try :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
Do it! You don't know unless you try :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

But im not technically qualified for the role

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by james1211
One 30mg codeine has just knocked me right back, feel red hit flushed and dizzy/nauseous. Is that meant to happen?

Posted from TSR Mobile

are you sure it's not just anxiety? :/
Original post by PandaWho
But im not technically qualified for the role

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can still apply for it though and they might decide they really like the look of you anyway, you cold also get the opportunity to become qualified while you're doing the job? Everyone has to start somewhere!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
ieufnoenawofnse urghhhh. too. hard.
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Well done hun! We all think you deserve it :yep:

:hugs:

:smile:. thanks.

Yay! :congrats: You shouldn't feel like that though, of course you deserve it! They wouldn't give it to you otherwise :tongue: I do know what you mean though, I've had similar in the past and it was weird, part of me was pleased of course but a much bigger part said I didn't deserve it, there'd been a mistake, I should give it to my friend instead etc :s-smilie:

Fair enough! I was too but couldn't switch off, so it was quite good to talk to people/make me think about something else for a while instead :smile:

Hopefully not! :hugs:

--------
Gone ridiculously hyper for some reason, I keep sending really long, non-sensical messages to people and saying things to my family and they're just like :lolwut: On the one hand it's fun while it lasts, on the other hand I'm tired and need to sleep and I know that the more hyper I go now, the worse I'll feel tomorrow and there's things I need to get done so I need to calm down a bit. Also typing about triple speed which is a bit weird :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww thanks :smile:. I just wish I had more confidence.

Oh god haha. Hope you won't feel too bad tomorrow anyway! And if you do need to just chat random crap then feel free to PM me lol.
Why am I so nervous? allways...better go to bed probably...
Got an appointment at uni tomorrow to help me apply for dsa :smile: just worried I'll sleep in and miss it. I'm just always so tired

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aww thanks :smile:. I just wish I had more confidence.

Oh god haha. Hope you won't feel too bad tomorrow anyway! And if you do need to just chat random crap then feel free to PM me lol.

Hopefully you'll get more confident in time! That's what I'm hoping will happen to me, anyway :redface:

It's fine, thanks! I'd probably scare you a bit, that's what I seem to be doing to everyone else this evening :colondollar: I should probably go and try and read a book or something to stop annoying people but don't think I can concentrate well enough, too tired but hyper which is just stupid. Thought I'd got past this last year :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not, trust me! I just... happen to like physics :getmecoat:

Thinking about it, you went to Oxford anyway didn't you? So you can hardly complain that I'm clever :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Being good at physics means your clever :p: I'd love to be good at science!

Original post by Odd socks
Got an appointment at uni tomorrow to help me apply for dsa :smile: just worried I'll sleep in and miss it. I'm just always so tired

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck!

I feel like I talk about my puppy A LOT recently but last time promise! Does anyone else have a dog/puppy that could help me?!
Hopefully you'll get more confident in time! That's what I'm hoping will happen to me, anyway :redface:

It's fine, thanks! I'd probably scare you a bit, that's what I seem to be doing to everyone else this evening :colondollar: I should probably go and try and read a book or something to stop annoying people but don't think I can concentrate well enough, too tired but hyper which is just stupid. Thought I'd got past this last year :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Na I doubt it. I've always lacked confidence. Even though I know it is just me being silly. Like I've developed a fake "I'm confident" act for others, but really I'm not confident at all. Never have been.

And haha na you won't :smile:. Awww :frown: :hugs:. Can you try to do something that may calm you down but you don't need to concentrate much on? Sorry I've not got any examples of such things haha.
Original post by SweetNothing
Being good at physics means your clever :p: I'd love to be good at science!

Good luck!

I feel like I talk about my puppy A LOT recently but last time promise! Does anyone else have a dog/puppy that could help me?!

It really doesn't! I can do mathsy stuff which is why I can do physics, and music come to that. I can't write essays to save my life though, people that actually can string more than a few words together and not forget what they're saying/still make sense (okay, actually that's most people...) seem much more impressive to me!

I have a dog! Well she's not a puppy any more but she stills acts like one if you want some help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Na I doubt it. I've always lacked confidence. Even though I know it is just me being silly. Like I've developed a fake "I'm confident" act for others, but really I'm not confident at all. Never have been.

And haha na you won't :smile:. Awww :frown: :hugs:. Can you try to do something that may calm you down but you don't need to concentrate much on? Sorry I've not got any examples of such things haha.

Yeah so do I tbh, but we can always hope :s-smilie:

Might try listening to my ipod for a bit, that calms me down if I'm upset/panicking sometimes so maybe it'd work for this too? Worth a try anyway, thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It really doesn't! I can do mathsy stuff which is why I can do physics, and music come to that. I can't write essays to save my life though, people that actually can string more than a few words together and not forget what they're saying/still make sense (okay, actually that's most people...) seem much more impressive to me!

I have a dog! Well she's not a puppy any more but she stills acts like one if you want some help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can write essays and stuff and am good with my words but that's not going to help me do a computing degree so I'm jealous :tongue:! We should switch :biggrin:

It's just I'm getting him on tuesday but I'm not sure what to do, when your dog was a puppy did you just have a bed for her or did you have a crate for her to sleep in?
Original post by SweetNothing
I can write essays and stuff and am good with my words but that's not going to help me do a computing degree so I'm jealous :tongue:! We should switch :biggrin:

It's just I'm getting him on tuesday but I'm not sure what to do, when your dog was a puppy did you just have a bed for her or did you have a crate for her to sleep in?

It might a bit! Need to write essays for music sometimes, probably will for physics too come to that but I can be a bit better on the scientific-stuff as I just write how I think. Which I do anyway, it's just that my brain doesn't make any sense!

We had both at first, we bought her a bed but we borrowed a crate thing/fence from friends so used them a bit too :smile: I'll PM you a photo if I can find one in a second...

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can still apply for it though and they might decide they really like the look of you anyway, you cold also get the opportunity to become qualified while you're doing the job? Everyone has to start somewhere!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I doubt theyd want me. im a state

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
It might a bit! Need to write essays for music sometimes, probably will for physics too come to that but I can be a bit better on the scientific-stuff as I just write how I think. Which I do anyway, it's just that my brain doesn't make any sense!

We had both at first, we bought her a bed but we borrowed a crate thing/fence from friends so used them a bit too :smile: I'll PM you a photo if I can find one in a second...

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's cool :smile: I just don't know where to put him at bed time on his first night, in a crate or just let him roam the kitchen and have a bed. Okay! :smile:

Latest