The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

RPC Vac Scheme Offer :smile:
Has anyone heard from IM today?
Original post by TrainingChopeful
Has anyone heard from IM today?

I haven't, someone said earlier that it'd be next week. I'm waiting on 9 firms (2 post interview) and it's doing my head in.
Original post by ULawAJ
I haven't, someone said earlier that it'd be next week. I'm waiting on 9 firms (2 post interview) and it's doing my head in.

I haven't heard either but saw on another thread that two people had heard from IM who applied to the Bristol & London offices. Find it strange that we were told would hear by today and we haven't had an email to say it will be next week instead!
Reply 3404
Original post by LawStudent30
I haven't heard either but saw on another thread that two people had heard from IM who applied to the Bristol & London offices. Find it strange that we were told would hear by today and we haven't had an email to say it will be next week instead!

I saw that too - both are PLS so I'm wondering whether they are responding to PLS first or something? What office/stream did you apply to? I applied London BLS
Original post by Defragmentation
Freshfields offer :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! Which scheme are you on?
Original post by STheBlondie
Ah congratulations! Im going to do the earlier one I think, what about you?

Yeah I think I'll do the earlier one as well. Really excited!
FINALLY got my PFO from HSF. Can't believe it's taken them this long since I finished the tests by 2 Jan. Plus I received two emails, pretty much saying the same thing except one of them mentioned that I didn't meet the benchmark for "one or more of the online tests". Quite annoyed by this - If I didn't meet the benchmark why did it take almost 2 months for them to tell me that??
:mad::mad:
Aw thanks! It does seem to be right time right place (Well that's what a lot of my friends who have TCs have said) - how are your applications going?

Everyone I know who has got a TC has said that too!

Not great, didn't manage to apply for many due to so many exams: waiting for 2 post interview (didn't go well at all), rejection post Watson Glaser & silence from the other! Going to try send out a few with later deadlines after my exams!
Original post by Cp778
I saw that too - both are PLS so I'm wondering whether they are responding to PLS first or something? What office/stream did you apply to? I applied London BLS

I thought that too, but I think they generally have more PLS placements?

I applied to Sheffield PLS. It's hard to estimate with IM I think because it's separated into the two streams and they have SO many offices!
Original post by ULawAJ

I was waiting on 7 firms with 2 post interview at the beginning of the week and now it's 6 firms with 1 post interview - I completely know what you mean! Plus one of the firm's I emailed to see if they would tell me yes or no and they just said "we are still shortlisting"!
Original post by LawStudent30
Everyone I know who has got a TC has said that too!

Not great, didn't manage to apply for many due to so many exams: waiting for 2 post interview (didn't go well at all), rejection post Watson Glaser & silence from the other! Going to try send out a few with later deadlines after my exams!

There's quite a few with deadlines at the end of this month, or there are some with deadlines end of March :smile: it depends what type of firm you are thinking of applying to but there are still some applications that are open - a few of my favourite firms have deadlines this month. Good luck for your other apps - I'm sure your interviews went better than you think
The Penningtons application says:

You may apply for a:

Training Contract to commence in 2017

Vacation Scheme/Information Day in July 2015

You must be considering, and be in position to apply for, a training contract to start in 2017 to be eligible to apply for a vacation scheme or information day.

You will need to apply separately for a training contract and for a vacation scheme. If you would like to apply for a vacation scheme, but are unsuccessful, we will consider you for an information day.

----
I want to apply for a 2015 summer vacation scheme and a 2017 training contract.

So just to confirm, do I apply for a vacation scheme first, send that off, and then complete a training contract application....:s-smilie:
Original post by bethC26
RPC Vac Scheme Offer :smile:

When was your interview? Didnt they say that we are going to hear in March?
Congratz
This application is really weird.

It asks me what year I want to start my training contract and in which location I'd liked to be based in for my TC - but it gives me a 250 max. word count?

I'm not sure if this is simply a one-word reply or whether I have to convince them or something??
Reply 3415
There's quite a few with deadlines at the end of this month, or there are some with deadlines end of March :smile: it depends what type of firm you are thinking of applying to but there are still some applications that are open - a few of my favourite firms have deadlines this month. Good luck for your other apps - I'm sure your interviews went better than you think

From someone applying from outside of the UK for the first time, could I trouble you to find out what firms still have applications open? I've tried using lawcareers.net, legal week etc. but most of the firms I've looked up are done. Are these more regional firm you're referring to?
I know Shoosmiths are open until the 28th but they're not hiring for the London office, and Penningtons. Arnold & Porter are open until the start of March but considering they have very, very limited places it's definitely a judgement call as to whether it's worth the time put into the application.

On another note, has anyone heard back from White & Case post-horrific video assessment? Merely waiting for that last PFO to add to my collection of 2 Vac PFOs and 5 TCs. I have all the empathy in the world for the previous poster who mentioned heart attacks every time their e-mail account flashes..
Original post by Yazooo
The Penningtons application says:

You may apply for a:

Training Contract to commence in 2017

Vacation Scheme/Information Day in July 2015

You must be considering, and be in position to apply for, a training contract to start in 2017 to be eligible to apply for a vacation scheme or information day.

You will need to apply separately for a training contract and for a vacation scheme. If you would like to apply for a vacation scheme, but are unsuccessful, we will consider you for an information day.

----
I want to apply for a 2015 summer vacation scheme and a 2017 training contract.

So just to confirm, do I apply for a vacation scheme first, send that off, and then complete a training contract application....:s-smilie:

I want to apply for both too so what I am doing is filling out an application for a vacation scheme first (I think I read that last year about 90% of their trainees were recruited from he vac scheme) so it's worth applying for it anyway :smile: let me know how you get on - my application is just being read through by a couple of my friends before I submit
Original post by CD2015
From someone applying from outside of the UK for the first time, could I trouble you to find out what firms still have applications open? I've tried using lawcareers.net, legal week etc. but most of the firms I've looked up are done. Are these more regional firm you're referring to?
I know Shoosmiths are open until the 28th but they're not hiring for the London office, and Penningtons. Arnold & Porter are open until the start of March but considering they have very, very limited places it's definitely a judgement call as to whether it's worth the time put into the application.

Hey - I'll PM you with a list of the firm's that I know of :smile:
Reply 3418
Hey - I'll PM you with a list of the firm's that I know of :smile:

That would be amazing, I appreciate it :smile:
Original post by CD2015
That would be amazing, I appreciate it :smile:

No probs :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending