The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3580
Original post by liarpoker
oh damn, looks like Olswang will be a PFO

ah me too :redface: trying to convince myself that they didn't get around to ringing everyone today haha. i would have thought they could have just emailed us on the same day to put us out of our misery.
Reply 3581
Original post by TooOldForTC
Thanks :smile: I applied on the deadline, got an invite to the online test on the 13th, then got my interview invite on the 20th.

Brilliant, good luck for it! Did they email you or call you to invite you to interview?
Original post by np2807
ah me too :redface: trying to convince myself that they didn't get around to ringing everyone today haha. i would have thought they could have just emailed us on the same day to put us out of our misery.

Yeah, I guess we'll see tomorrow - definitely think I shot myself in the foot by saying where I applied/had offers from.
Reply 3583
Yeah, I guess we'll see tomorrow - definitely think I shot myself in the foot by saying where I applied/had offers from.

I'm still waiting too - I was told at my interview that they would make offers Monday/Tuesday and to 'start panicking by Thursday'. I don't think it's a bad thing to say where else you've applied, they know it would be brave/reckless to just pin everything on one firm!
I'm just hoping White & Case get back to me (preferably with an offer!) in the next couple of days, I'm hoping they don't keep me waiting for a week or two until they've had more video interviews in D:
Reply 3585

I'm sure they don't mind hearing that, it makes you look like a stronger applicant if anything because you are obviously good if you have other offers :tongue: i found that commercial task difficult to be honest, i don't know wtf i was saying for half of it so kind of wishful thinking on my part to hope that i have an offer haha.
Reply 3586
Original post by mlawstu
Has anybody heard back from Pinsent Masons yet after the interview?

Not yet. They said we should hear by the end of the week
If we are rejected from a firm this year, are we allowed to apply for the following year?
Reply 3588
Original post by Yazooo
If we are rejected from a firm this year, are we allowed to apply for the following year?

If you cant show you've improved somehow - like theres something drastically different that you've done - maybe taken a role up as a paralegal or something. I don't really see the point.
Does anyone know what Squire Patton Boggs assessment day involves?
DWF Face-to-Face Interview tips anyone?
Also, I haven't heard back from Taylor Wessing, Dentons, Milbank or Eversheds yet. Sucks.
I have been rejected from IM too! :/ I was wondering if anyone knows whether you are still able to apply to their training contract this year. So I applied for the training contract and vacation scheme and have been rejected but could potentially re submit a TC application this year or would I have to wait until next year?

Would also be grateful of any face to face interview tips!
Original post by Skkkkk
If you cant show you've improved somehow - like theres something drastically different that you've done - maybe taken a role up as a paralegal or something. I don't really see the point.

But there's no absolute bar on applying again is there? I may try and improve my application to apply next year, although I think once you get rejected they probably remember your name/application so I won't be getting my hopes up.
Original post by auroa17
I have been rejected from IM too! :/ I was wondering if anyone knows whether you are still able to apply to their training contract this year. So I applied for the training contract and vacation scheme and have been rejected but could potentially re submit a TC application this year or would I have to wait until next year?

Sorry to hear about your rejection, I got a PFO too and wanted to know the same thing - whether I could apply for the TC only during the summer.
Original post by Yazooo
But there's no absolute bar on applying again is there? I may try and improve my application to apply next year, although I think once you get rejected they probably remember your name/application so I won't be getting my hopes up.

I spoke to a trainee at the law fair and she applied and got rejected first time and then re applied and got accepted. She said don't give up if you get rejected once, if you want it bad enough just keep applying :smile:
Original post by auroa17

Ah, sorry about the PFO :frown: do you mind if I ask what stream/office? Good luck for your other apps
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Yazooo

I'm applying to a couple of firms again that I got rejected from last year- some firms mention about applying a 2nd time under their FAQs, so if there is a specific firm you want to apply to perhaps have a look on their website :smile:

Generally I think firms are okay about you applying again provided you have more to add/something that will improve your application i.e. don't reapply with the same application.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Skkkkk

I don't think that's true. One of my interviews went a bit wrong because it was my first ever job interview and I was nervous. Others went wrong for other reasons which I could very easily correct next time. A couple of the firms say on the website not to apply again, but others I have specifically asked and they said I would not be disadvantaged if I applied again. And one firm rejected me but said at the beginning of the interview to apply again if I got rejected, and they invited me to an open day.
Original post by LawTC
Hey, have you had an AC with Squires?

Nope.
My relationship with White & Case: "say something I'm giving up on you".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending