The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3800
Original post by Airfairy
Thanks for the tip! I will try and be detailed.

Thanks that makes me feel better too. Sat outside now so just trying to chill because I have nervous tummy ache right now. I think I'll be better once I've gone in!

How long did the one to one interview last?
Posted from TSR Mobile

In my experience, anything from 10 minutes to half an hour is standard.
Original post by Pebbles19
Haha no problem! My interview was this morning, it wasn't really what I had expected, all group stuff and no formal interview at all! Couple of group tasks and a presentation that you prepared at the interview. The staff were really nice though and the informal attitude did make it less stressful. But then it depends how much you like group interviews - I'm not a massive fan!!
They emailed me to let me know they had my application a couple of days after I sent it off and then emailed me to invite me to interview but it did get updated on track too.
Yeah I'm sure they've just had a lot to go through :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for your reply. Fingers crossed you get an offer from them! I'm not a big fan of group interviews either but it's not my first choice so I'm not too worried. :smile:
Well, after two weeks of waiting for the decision from my interview - where they said I would hear back within the week - I have just called them and the woman I spoke to is going to find out if there is any news and get back to me! I'm feeling very nervous all of a sudden, and a little bit sick if I'm honest. I just want an answer, but at the same time, I just want the RIGHT answer - ie SUCCESSFUL!
Reply 3803
Still haven't heard from any of mine, which is driving me mad. I'm hoping that I'm not wasting my time preparing for interviews while I wait. Has anyone got any advice on group interviews? I am old (37) and so have had a lifetime of interviews for jobs and feel on top of that, but some how I have got away with never having a group interview. I'm quite quiet, and so I'm a bit worried about people talking over each other to show off and me being shoved out of the way.:afraid:
Original post by jeffercake
Well, after two weeks of waiting for the decision from my interview - where they said I would hear back within the week - I have just called them and the woman I spoke to is going to find out if there is any news and get back to me! I'm feeling very nervous all of a sudden, and a little bit sick if I'm honest. I just want an answer, but at the same time, I just want the RIGHT answer - ie SUCCESSFUL!

are you waiting on sunderland?
Reply 3805
Original post by Zogs
Still haven't heard from any of mine, which is driving me mad. I'm hoping that I'm not wasting my time preparing for interviews while I wait. Has anyone got any advice on group interviews? I am old (37) and so have had a lifetime of interviews for jobs and feel on top of that, but some how I have got away with never having a group interview. I'm quite quiet, and so I'm a bit worried about people talking over each other to show off and me being shoved out of the way.:afraid:

I've had one group interview before and found it difficult as I'm generally quite quiet. For mine, we had to discuss certain scenarios. For the first one, I couldn't get a word in, but was listening to others. But I managed to make a suggestion for the other one... This was for a job at my uni not a PGCE. But when we had our individual interviews we were asked about team work in regards to that group exercise. I think if you mention listening to other people in the group and taking on board what they have to say, as well as communicating your own ideas or just agreeing to others etc. but if you only say a little bit, make sure you mention about listening to others cos that's just as important as talking to other members in the group. Hope this helps!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3806
I've got an interview for MFL Secondary in York on the 9th! Anyone else there that day?
Reply 3807
Had first interview at YSJ yesterday for Lower Primary. Seemed to go well but I guess you can never tell! At least I feel I gave a good representation of myself, so if they say no it's not because I failed to get across my ideas and personality :-)

Campus and students were all lovely, really hoping it's a yes from them...can't wait until January!
Original post by Lucy_jucie
are you waiting on sunderland?

No, sorry!

Just had the phone call back, and the answer is............

I will hear by tomorrow. :rolleyes:
Reply 3809
Original post by Mrs R
Hey, how did it go? Everything as expected?
And if I'm allowed to ask - were people allowed notes for either/both presentations?
Hope it all went well! :smile:

I think - hope! - it went well! Notes were fine for both presentation bits. The 1-2-1 interview was really short, just 20 minutes including 5 for the presentation, although mine was 25 minutes as I had complex questions to ask! ;-) Fingers crossed for you...stay relaxed and confident and you'll be great.
Hi everyone! Just wondered if anyone else has had the same problem that I've been having? I sent my application off 10 days ago for my referees to complete references. I sent them a quick, polite email checking if they had received the request and one of them said that he hasn't. I'm sure that the email is correct and I typed it into UCAS correctly. Any suggestions what has gone wrong?
Original post by becky220692
Hi everyone! Just wondered if anyone else has had the same problem that I've been having? I sent my application off 10 days ago for my referees to complete references. I sent them a quick, polite email checking if they had received the request and one of them said that he hasn't. I'm sure that the email is correct and I typed it into UCAS correctly. Any suggestions what has gone wrong?

Check on the ucas Facebook page, that's quite helpful. I remember reading that sometimes the UCAS mail goes into junk mail, and that the receipent should type the UCAS email into their contact list. If you scroll back a week or two you should find the post.
Reply 3812
Original post by becky220692

I had exactly the same problem! Spoke to UCAS via twitter and they said to go back onto your references "edit" the one that hasn't recieved the mail, re enter their email and it will automatically resend the email to them. Hope that helps! Good luck :smile:
Interview done! I think it went ok, but my subject knowledge really let me down. They said if I get an offer it will be a condition that I sit gcse r.e by September. A bit worried about this. Hopefully it's plausible to do a gcse in a month! I'll worry about that if we get an offer though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ive had my first interview last week at oxford brookes. It was a group interview informal, i think i could have done better! Ever since its been on my mind; i just want to know the outcome! So worried

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wonder if my UCAS is working. I've had no update even though ive had two interviews and on in Jan, nothing. so if its not working ill not know if ive been successful. Aghhhh i hate all this waiting!!!
Original post by Airfairy
Interview done! I think it went ok, but my subject knowledge really let me down. They said if I get an offer it will be a condition that I sit gcse r.e by September. A bit worried about this. Hopefully it's plausible to do a gcse in a month! I'll worry about that if we get an offer though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

deffo able to do it in a month. I done gcse RE and its a nice subject, (but i did go to a religious school) but i found it easy. I hope youre accepted :-)
Original post by Zogs

I'm in a similar boat to you. Am a 'mature' student and have had plenty of interviews in my career, but never a group interview. I had an interview yesterday for a SD position and it included a group interview and it was horrible! There were five of us sat around in a circle and we were observed by FIVE teachers, felt like I was in a zoo! We only had one subject to discuss which was pretty straightforward. My advice would be to definitely try to pipe up and contribute as much as you can as you won't win any points for sitting quietly. That doesn't mean be rude and talk over people, but when there appears to be a natural break in the flow of conversation, try to get your points across and build on what the other people have said. You really don't have much time to make an impression on the people that are deciding your future so I don't think you can afford to sit quietly unfortunately. Of course no-one likes someone who is overbearing and doesn't let anyone else have the opportunity to speak so it's a balancing act!

Good luck!
Original post by Lucy_jucie
deffo able to do it in a month. I done gcse RE and its a nice subject, (but i did go to a religious school) but i found it easy. I hope youre accepted :-)

Oh that's good to know, thanks! I went to a religious school too so I don't know why I didn't end up doing it. Oh well.

Sorry that you're still waiting to hear. I think I saw you're waiting on a tech PGCE, but had a business interview the other day? How did you manage to do two totally different subjects? I may be confusing two users here! Hope you hear back soon anyway. Before xmas at least!
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JoJo6464
I had exactly the same problem! Spoke to UCAS via twitter and they said to go back onto your references "edit" the one that hasn't recieved the mail, re enter their email and it will automatically resend the email to them. Hope that helps! Good luck :smile:

Thanks :smile: Have tried this and am waiting for my referee to get back to me. Hopefully he'll have the request now :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending