The Student Room Group

Physics or Chemistry?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Enzo-259
Well, to be perfectly honest, Higher Computing is a complete pisstake. It's pretty basic memorisation for the exam, and half the coursework is done by shopping for hardware online. Seriously, I doubt you'll have much more trouble in doing six highers than five.

Although in saying that, do you really need 6? Five highers is more than enough for uni. Plus, with the hell of jump from SG/Int 2, the change in workload will probably screw you over plenty (before factoring in a sixth subject).

Also, in response to the OP, do Chem!!!! :biggrin:

Higher Physics is total balls anyway.

Is Higher Computing really that bad? Should I take something else instead? :frown:
Reply 21
Do what you enjoy
Original post by jellybeangirl
Is Higher Computing really that bad? Should I take something else instead? :frown:

Computing is fine if you enjoy it. The term 'pisstake' is overused...if that was really case then everyone would get A's in it...and they don't :tongue:

There is no reason why you can't do computing :smile:
Higher Computing is terribly dull, generally poorly-taught, and requires learning falsehoods for no pedagogical purpose. I would avoid it.
I found Chemistry more interesting than Physics, by far.

I know a few people who have four A's.. and then get a B/C.. and that one subject quite often is computing.. (but not always :wink: )

and regarding Geography, I think I've seen two Universities (in Scotland) that look at it as a science? (St Andrews and Strathclyde) Could be more but.. wouldn't take it on basis that it's kind of a science.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending