The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Can I afford imperial?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
[QUOTE="Spankk;42029331"]

But think it through and take your time; and you may want to have a chat about it with your parents or your brother/sister. They surely will give you the best advice.

I have, they don't want me to go, but will still let me apply. They say they don't want me starting in life with such large debt :frown:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 21
Original post by Officegirl4
I have, they don't want me to go, but will still let me apply. They say they don't want me starting in life with such large debt :frown:

Its not really a debt like other debts...........if you're not earning above a certain amount you don't pay anything.......when you are paying for it, its over an extensive amount of time and taken automatically.
Reply 22
There's quite a bit of support at Imperial in terms of bursaries and scholarships. I know of someone with the full bursary covering all the tuition fees (but that's the roughly £3.5k the pre-2012 entry people like me are paying xD) and a medic who's got one of the scholarships and are finding it fine to fund her studies. =]

There's additionally some other funding (Rector's funding comes into mind, and there's another targetted especially towards the financially disadvantaged students I think), which you can apply to cover quite a few £Ks. =]

I hope this kind of helps! =] I'm really glad you like Imperial~ not a lot of people are attracted to it other than for its brand/rep, but I can guaranteen that you'll have a great time here if you just go and try everything out - you shape your own experience of course and its especially so here at Imperial. =D
Reply 23
Hey Iam from Sri lanka
and I have got offer from Imperial
my question is is Imperial worth the 100k debt for Meng in Civil
Is there any other ways to fund the tution fees as a international student ???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending