The Student Room Group

Where do most domestic students at UCL/LSE stay for 2nd year?

Hi I’m a first year undergrad and I’m currently trying to find accommodation for 2nd year. I’m actually planning on sharing a flat with one of my mates who is at LSE but we’re both struggling with trying to figure out which areas we should be aiming to find flats in. Practically all our mates are far wealthier internationals so they’re able to live in more pricier flats which we have no shot of being able to afford. We have a budget of around £250 pw so around £2k per month. If anyone here is at or a former student from LSE/UCL/SOAS etc and a domestic student, could you possibly help us figure out which areas most people lived at?
(edited 7 months ago)
Although it's in a slightly different location, @Sinnoh is (or was?!) at Imperial and might have some idea of where people from there (and possibly also UCL/LSE/SOAS) lived in 2nd year.

@umbrellala was at SOAS and might be able to advise on some areas where SOAS students looked at living in 2nd year onward?
Reply 2
Should I reach out to those users or are they likely to respond on this post?
Original post by AprilJune63
Should I reach out to those users or are they likely to respond on this post?

I tagged them in so if they feel they are able to offer advice they will see the notification and reply if they wish :smile:
Original post by AprilJune63
Hi I’m a first year undergrad at UCL and I’m currently trying to find accommodation for 2nd year. I’m actually planning on sharing a flat with one of my mates who is at LSE but we’re both struggling with trying to figure out which areas we should be aiming to find flats in. Practically all our mates are far wealthier internationals so they’re able to live in more pricier flats which we have no shot of being able to afford. We have a budget of around £250 pw so around £2k per month. If anyone here is at or a former student from LSE/UCL/SOAS etc and a domestic student, could you possibly help us figure out which areas most people lived at?

Hi! Thanks for the tag @artful_lounger as always :smile:
The way I'd go about it is start by looking at the tube line/s you use to get to uni. Then, do some research on sites like zoopla to see how far along the line you can afford to be. At SOAS, I knew people who were near London Bridge, some in Camden, loads of people around Finsbury. I ended up living in Harringay (by Manor House station on the pic line) which is the other side of Finsbury Park (the actual park, not the station!) and really liked it there.

Overall I'd say don't limit yourself to specific neighbourhoods, it's much better to find a website where you can filter by commute time and budget and go from there.
Reply 5
Ah ok thats helpful stuff, thanks!

Original post by umbrellala
Hi! Thanks for the tag @artful_lounger as always :smile:
The way I'd go about it is start by looking at the tube line/s you use to get to uni. Then, do some research on sites like zoopla to see how far along the line you can afford to be. At SOAS, I knew people who were near London Bridge, some in Camden, loads of people around Finsbury. I ended up living in Harringay (by Manor House station on the pic line) which is the other side of Finsbury Park (the actual park, not the station!) and really liked it there.

Overall I'd say don't limit yourself to specific neighbourhoods, it's much better to find a website where you can filter by commute time and budget and go from there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending