The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

University of Manchester Primary PCGE 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shauna89
Thank you so much for replying! That does sound strange, but at least I know I won't need to study for any tests I can focus on my presentation. Can you remember any questions you got asked? Also, for the presentation did you take any notes with you? From what I read on the briefing letter it sounds as though I would just be talking for 5 minutes. what kind of things did you talk about? sorry about all the questions, but i really would appreciate all the help and advice i can get!

I completely agree, my 2 interviewers were so nice as well and I was emailed on the same day with my offer!
I can't exactly remember the questions, but they were along the lines of asking about experience in schools/ with children, and the average stuff about why teaching inspires etc.! I can't remember having any particularly scary questions or anything!
I took in a cue-card for my presentation :smile:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 21
Thank you for your reply! I've started my presentation and feel a bit better. I just really really want to get in!!
Reply 22
Also, can I ask if the presentation is one on one with the interviewers or with another candidate?
The presentation is one-on-one (or rather, one-on-two, since there are two interviewers). You can have brief notes, but they want you to make eye contact and not just read off the paper. They didn't take my notes afterwards though, so I guess you could "cheat" and have more notes than normal. I just thought of three main things my teacher did well, and talked about those. It is a presentation, so you are talking for five minutes straight, but they give you a glass of water and encourage you to chill out.

My questions were quite theoretical about educational issues- why if safeguarding important, how would you deal with SEN and EAL, how do you teach diversity but also British things. And then some personal questions about how you cope with stress, a time you solved a problem and how you did it. Can't remember anything else, sorry!
Reply 24
This is great thank you so much I really appreciate it! :smile:
Reply 25
Hi guys! I just got offered my place! Thank you for all your help. I can't find the Facebook group though
Original post by shauna89
Hi guys! I just got offered my place! Thank you for all your help. I can't find the Facebook group though

Congratulations on your offer!! That's great news! I couldn't find the facebook group either!
Hi all! I've recently been offered a place (Shauna I think I was at your interview??) and am now panicking about accommodation! I don't think I can join the Facebook group without people from work seeing- they don't know yet! Is anyone looking at share houses?
Reply 28
Hi, I was wondering if anyone is still looking to house share? I don't think I would like to be in halls again. If anyone is interested, please let me know. Harriet, are you still looking for a house?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending